- innovation. // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p22
Presents updates on technological innovations in the European chemical industry, as of April 3, 2002. Information on an enzyme that catalyses a fluorination reaction identified by researchers from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland; Details of the renovation of a house by the company...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/21/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p34
Covers update on the chemical industry as of January 21, 2002. Company which signed a long-term supply agreement with Air Products and Chemicals Inc.; Purpose of the PermaCare Membrane Separations Group formed by Ondeo Nalco; Certification achieved by the coatings regional business unit of BASF.
- Solar power on a roll. Teresko, John; Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;9/19/94, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the joint research effort at Argonne National Laboratory in Chicago, Illinois to produce a solar cell on a roll. Plan to incorporate photoactive molecules in an electrically conductive film produced in rolls; Efficiency rate.
- Carbon coating reported to be near-frictionless. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;1/5/98, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p15
Presents information on the development of an ultrahard coating by scientists at the Argonne National Laboratory. Comparison of the product to a similar product; What the researchers said about the product; Indepth look at the product; Contact information.
- Argonne finds quicker way to produce superconductors. Machlis, Sharon; Gottschalk, Mark // Design News;12/20/93, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p15
Reports that Argonne National Laboratory has developed a new approach to the production of superconductors. Low pressure calcination process; Advantages of new system.
- Research targets improved laser welding. // Design News;2/6/95, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p14
Reports that the Big Three automobile makers and Argonne National Laboratory have joined forces in an attempt to tweak the precision and efficiency of laser-beam welding. Amount invested in the project; Focus of the project; Development of an advanced version.
- Super bearing. Teresko, John; Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;11/15/93, Vol. 242 Issue 22, p42
Features Argonne National Laboratory's magnetic bearing which can store power without loss caused by friction.
- Optical processor speeds noise-free image reconstruction. // R&D Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p39
Features the Photorefractive Liquid Crystal Optical Processor from researchers at DOE's Argonne National Lab. Features of the device; Factor in achieving image processing; Cost-effective and photorefractive of the device over the others; Power requirement; Significant people who developed the...
- System checks fabric quality. // R&D Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p61
Features the Millimeter Wave Fabric Inspection System developed by researchers at DOE's Argonne National Laboratory, a system that detects dielectric changes caused by fabric defects. Information retrieved by the inspection system; Method used by the system; Othe materials that be monitored by...