Stinnes to go after 200 years
- DB Logistics builds a GLOBAL business. Bensel, Norbert // Railway Gazette International;Sep2006, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p545
The article focuses on the expansion of Deutsche Bahn AG to global logistics. It is said that the expansion of the company to logistics started in 2003 through the acquisition of Stinnes. Combined freight operations were restructured by the company into five business units including Land...
- Purchasing Power. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;7/15/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 28, p13
Reports on developments in the business logistics sector in Europe as July 2002. Deutsche Post World Net's acquisition of Lufthansa Cargo AG's stake in DHL Worldwide Express; Deutsche Bahn AG's acquisition of Stinnes AG.
- German Intermodal Moves. Parker, John // Traffic World;12/18/2000-12/25/2000, Vol. 264 Issue 12/13, p19
Reports on the teamup of Stinnes Logistics Group and Deutsche Bahn Cargo AG. Offering of road-rail intermodal logistics services; Terms of agreement.
- Deutsche Bahn hikes rates. DL MORRIS, GREGORY // Chemical Week;1/6/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the increase in freight rates by German national railroad Deutsche Bahn Cargo. Reason for mergers and alliances by European carriers; Resistance of France to privatization; Information on rail freight shipments in European Union member countries.
- Europe's rail-freight: Inching toward change. Schwartz, Beth M. // Transportation & Distribution;Oct97, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p96
Presents information on the rail freight system in Europe, while highlighting the improvements in freight transportation. Statistical information on the transportation; Factors which hindered the pace of change; How Deustche Bahn Cargo company purchased the Talion Cargosprinter vehicle to...
- Caution Lights. Rykken, Rolf // Export Today;Jun99, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p44
Deals with issues concerning cargo rail deregulation in Europe. Concerns of shippers on the proposed merger of the cargo divisions of Deutsche Bahn and NS Cargo; Other views on the proposed merger; Conditions of rail establishments in Europe.
- EWS views the future through German eyes. Abbott, James // Modern Railways;Dec2007, Vol. 64 Issue 711, p48
An interview with Graham Smith, director of English, Welsh & Scottish (EWS) Railway Planning, is presented. Graham notes that they learned a lot about the rail freight industry from North American shareholders. He mentions that despite the acquisition of EWS by German state railway Deutsche Bahn...
- DB torpedoes a freight-oriented network. Hughes, Murray // Railway Gazette International;Mar2009, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p27
The article reports on the reaction of Deutsche Bahn (DB), Europe's largest player in the raft freight business, regarding the European Commission's proposals to give freight trains priority on international Corridors. DB has decided that it does not want regulations that require priority to be...
- DB Schenker Rail rebrands. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2016, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the organizational name changes of rail freight business of railway company Deutsche Bahn AG into DB Cargo AG effective March 1, 2016.