Distribution mergers hit all-time high last year
- Supply Chain. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p45
The article presents an update on the supply chain segment of the chemical industry. Brenntag has bought Wil-Chem Specialty Chemicals in Alberta. Lake Chemicals and Minerals has signed an agreement with U.S.-based TOR Minerals International to distribute its Hitox titanium dioxide products in...
- IN BRIEFSupply chain. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/9/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 74, p35
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Brenntag Inc. has acquired Italian specialty chemical distributor Natural World LLC. Wacker Chemie AG has appointed chemical distributing firm IMCD Turkiye to sell its silicone fluids and antifoam agents. Norwegian drugs firm...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p18
Presents news briefs on the logistics sector of the chemical industry in Europe as of December 8, 2003. Acquisition of ComTech Poland by IMCD Group; Partnership entered by PolyOne International and Merquinsa; Online marketplace introduced by Bayer Chemicals.
- Brenntag makes UK move with Albion. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/5/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Albion Chemicals Group by Brenntag. Albion Chemicals Group was sold to Brentagg but the details of the transaction were not disclosed. Daniel Pithois, Brentagg board member for European operations, has released a statement regarding the operations of the...
- Distribution. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;11/22/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 39, p20
The article discusses the impact of private equity firms on the chemical distribution business in the U.S. and Europe. According to analysts, private equity firms have been buying up distributors over the past few years and embarking on aggressive expansion strategies. The biggest private equity...
- IMCD spreads its cover. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 54, p32
The article reports on the acquisition of the distribution activities of T&C Chemicals by IMCD South Africa, part of the IMCD group. The acquisition consists of two operations: specialty chemicals and 7th Sense Food. Netherlands-based IMCD says the purchase strengthens its position in the...
- Distributor IMCD Transfers Between Private Equity Firms. D'Amico, Esther; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor IMCD by private equity firm ABN Amro Capital in 2005. Services provided by IMCD; Annual sales of the company; Agreement of industrial chemicals distributor Quaron to acquire the activities of Solvadis in France and the Netherlands.
- IMCD Acquires Rudolf Streuli. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the specialty chemicals firm IMCD Group's acquisition of Rudolf Streuli AG in 2003.
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/23/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 4, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. U.S.-based Georgia Gulf Corp.'s board of directors has rejected an unsolicited takeover bid by U.S.-based Westlake Chemical Corp. Methanol producer Methanex Corp. is planning to move a second plant from Chile to the U.S. Gulf. IMCD...