IT'S BETTER LATE THAN NEVER AS PTA SETTLES
- Robust demand and tight supply hike PX prices. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 428, p22
Reports on the factors that lead to the increase in prices of paraxylene in December 2003. Announcements of the Asian contract price nominations; Shutdowns of chemical plants in Japan; Increase in price of purified terephthalic acid.
- PX contract plummets. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/12/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 518, p20
The article presents information on paraxylene contracts in Asia in 2005. It starts with a decline in prices of paraxylene contracts. Some examples of such contracts are cited. The author also emphasizes some factors that influenced the contracts, including the production of purified...
- PTA contract talks hit snag in China. Lee, Salmon Aidan // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/30/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 16, p18
The article reports that the September and October 2006 contract prices for Chinese purified terephthalic acid remain unsettled despite almost two months of hard negotiations, due to low demand and new capacity. A settlement looks unlikely in the near term despite some producers' attempt to...
- Asian PTA prices slip. // Colourage;Jul2003, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p108
Reports on a reduction in the prices of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) in Asia in the first fortnight of July 2003. Drop in the PTA price in Southeast Asia; PTA prices in Asia in the last week of May 2003; Predictions for Asian prices of monoethylene glycol set for delivery in July 2003.
- PTA Sellers Try to Limit Price Decline. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of the producers of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) to limit the decline in first-quarter contract prices. Purpose of minimizing PTA decrease; Demand for PTA.
- Prices Start to Climb as Oversupply Worries Ease. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;11/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 42, p47
Forecasts the demand for purified terephthalic acid (PTA) by 2002. Overview of PTA prices from 1996 to 1999; Factors that contributed to the rebound of prices for PTA; Recovery of the global PTA markets.
- Choppy waters. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p14
Provides information on the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) market in China as of October 2003. Factors behind the frequent increases and declines in PTA pricing and shipment; Estimated imports into China in 2003; PTA spot prices in September 2003.
- High paraxylene costs push up PTA spot and term prices. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 455, p24
Reports on the price increase of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) in Asia as of August 2004. Reason behind the price increase of PTA; Impact of the price increase on the contract nominations of several chemical-producing companies; Effect of the price increase on the market of other chemicals.
- PURIFIED TEREPHTHALIC ACID. // Supply Management;7/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p60
The article reports that European purchasers of purified terephthalic acid face the prospect of significant price increases. Purified terephthalic acid is mainly used in the production of polyester. Contracts in March 2008 settled at Â£797-824/tonne for free delivered northwest Europe, a...