Extra plants in Asia to add to benzene boom
- Early Europe epoxy contracts down amid imports. Milner, Luke // ICIS Chemical Business;9/14/2015, Issue 3674, p26
The article discusses the downward pressure on European September 2015 epoxy resins contract prices as upstream costs fall and competitively priced imports continue to arrive from Asia. Topics mentioned include the ICIS contract price range for liquid epoxy resins (LER) and solid epoxy resins...
- MX and OX continue to hold firm. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;10/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 510, p29
This article reports on the prices of aromatic compounds in the spot market. Prices in the U.S. edged downwards by 16-26 cents/gal from settlements in the previous week, to US$2.85/tonne fob USGC. Major producers and traders said that benzene in Asia was expected to remain long in October and...
- Benzene and Xylenes Prices Slump in Europe. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;11/9/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 37, p58
Reports on the market performance of benzene and xylenes in Europe in November 2005. Decline in the prices of benzene; Status of the demand for benzene in Europe.
- An Improved Bound for Approximate Equilibria. Geller, William // Review of Economic Studies;Apr86, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p307
We give an improved bound, independent of preferences, on excess demand in an exchange economy.
- Derivatives demand to grow in China. KHOO, JASMINE // ICIS Chemical Business;8/27/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 5, p15
The article states that demand for crude-based and coal-based benzene in China is expected to reach nearly one million tonnes by 2015, with around 840,000 tonnes of benzene expected to be consumed for the production of aniline, cyclohexane, phenol, and styrene monomer.
- Petrochemicals Overview. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals;2006 2nd Quarter, p29
The article presents an overview of the economic performance of the U.S. petrochemical and pharmaceutical industry. Domestic demand for petrochemicals is returning after a poor performance in 2005. Propylene and benzene experienced tight supply and high prices. Generic drug companies have...
- Strong Outlook for Mideast Aromatics Producers. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;12/20/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 31, p23
The article presents an outlook for Middle East aromatics producers for 2011-15. Benzene demand in the region is expected to grow by 3.7% annually during the forecast period, according to Chemical Markets Associates Inc. (CMAI). Simon Moorhouse of CMAI explains the rise in pygas-produced benzene...
- Europe producers try to settle early. Victory, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;10/21/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that several European nylon and caprolactam (capro) producers are trying to settle contract prices earlier in October 2013. The producers said that capro contracts are being settled close to the monthly benzene contract. European capro contract price negotiations for the...
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;2/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p27
Presents news briefs on the basic chemicals and plastics industry as of March 2, 2005. Forecast on the demand for benzene through 2009; Amount planned to be invested by DSM to build a high-performance polyethylene fiber production line in Greenville, North Carolina; Plans of ExxonMobil Chemical...