Dammam invests in $500m complex
- Chinese Firm Licenses Acrylic Acid Technology for Saudi Plant. // Chemical Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 37, p17
The article reports on the decision of Shanghai Huayi Group to license its acrylic acid technology for a previously announced 200,000-m.t./year plant at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. The plant is being built by Dammam 7 Petrochemical Ltd. According to Huayi, it may also be awarded an engineering,...
- Saudis to invest $500m in Jubail chemical complex. Jagger, Anna // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/22/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the plan of Dammam 7 Petrochemical to invest $500 million in an acrylic acid, butanol and acrylic esters complex in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. According to CEO Mohammed Al-Saidi, the company plans to bring onstream a 120,000 tonne/year acrylic acid plant. Meanwhile, Davy...
- Dammam 7 investors put $1bn Jubail plant on hold. BAXTER, KEVIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/21/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 42, p12
The article reports that the company, Dammam 7 Petrochemical Co. has delayed the development of its Dammam 7 acrylic acid and acrylates petrochemicals project worth 1 bullion dollars in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Jana signs contracts for chlor-alkali, ECH and CaCl2. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 479, p20
Focuses on the contracts signed by Jubail Chemical Industries Co. with several companies for its U.S. chlor-alkali-epichlorohydrin project in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Projected capacity of the project; Role of foreign investors in the project; Background on the company.
- Aker to build $140m BDO plant. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;3/22/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2092, p28
Reports that Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Co. has awarded Aker Kvaerner a contract to build a butanediol plant in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Other companies involved in the project; Duties of Aker Kvaerner.
- Sadara and Bavarian partnership sign PlasChem Park deal. // Chemical Week;2/9/2015, p43
The article reports on the partnership between chemical firm Sadara Chemical Co. and German market developed program Chemie-Cluster Bayern to develop chemical-based value chains in PlasChem Park, Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. It discusses the terms of the contract which will focus on identifying and...
- Butanol project on the cards. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/2/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that Dammam 7, part of the Yousef Bin Ahmed Kanoo Group, will build a new butanol plant in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. It is part of a wider project to produce mixed acrylate plastics and other acrylic acid derivatives. The new unit will produce 80,000 tons a year of n-butanol fed...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;11/22/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 39, p19
The article presents updates related to construction projects in the chemical industry. National Petrochemical Co. has joined forces with Pequiven to form the methanol joint venture VenIran Petrochemical Co. Chemtura has agreed to form a joint venture with Al-Zamil Group to build a world-scale...
- Innovene Plans $2-Billion Petchem Complex in Saudi Arabia. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/15/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plan of Innovene and Delta International to build a petrochemical complex at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia by 2008. Cost of the project; Projected capacity of the plant; Background on the companies.