Keep it simple
- vital statistics. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;4/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 13, p32
Presents information on the condition of the chemical industry. Increase in orders for manufactured goods in February 2005; Growth of consumer prices in January and February of the year; Ratio of chemical inventory-sales from 2003 to 2005.
- Adapt and evolve. Sato, Yutako // ICIS Chemical Business;10/27/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 16, p16
The article focuses on the need for major chemical companies in Japan to adjust and evolve in the face of emerging challenges in local and global markets. The petrochemical companies are trying to add value and improve profitability because of the reduction in oil prices. In fact, major...
- US firms reveal tough Q1 as feedstock costs soar. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2050, p6
Describes the impact of the feedstock prices on the 2003 first quarter profits of U.S. chemical companies. Lyondell; Ashland; Dow Chemical.
- Most Basic Chemical Profits Plunge, Some Fall Into Red. Neilsen, Karol // Chemical Week;2/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p7
Reports the financial status of chemical industries in the United States in the fourth quarter of year 2000. Reasons for the profit decline in several companies; Status of chemical stocks; Status of end-use markets.
- Specialties Shares Fail to Respond to Higher Earnings. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;5/5/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 17, p9
Reports that several specialty chemical firms in the United States have reported positive 1999 first-quarter earnings. Assesment of the share prices of these companies; Comments from Chris Bodnar, an analyst at Bear Sterns.
- Choline Chloride Producers Attempt to Recapture Margins. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;7/2/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the efforts of choline chloride manufacturers to recapture profit margins by price increases in 2001. Manufacturers which implemented price increases; Overview of the choline chloride manufacturing process; Forecast on the choline chloride market.
- Specialties Manufacturers Post Mixed First Quarter Results. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;04/26/99, Vol. 255 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the weak 1999 first quarter results of United States specialty chemical manufacturers. Theme in management discussions; Comments from David Begleiter, a CS First Boston analyst; Stock prices for specialty chemicals; Major uncertainty for specialty chemical manufacturers; Gain posted...
- Chemical Stocks Recover, But Bargains Still Abound. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/13/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 20, p1
Presents information on the stock performance and corporate profits of several chemical manufacturing companies in the United States as of November 2000. Discussion on the undervaluation of chemical industry stocks due to institutional tax-loss selling; Effects of the stock decline on the...
- Second-Quarter Outlook Good, Despite Cost Pressures. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;6/7/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p12
Focuses on the increase in the earnings of chemical companies in the United States for the first quarter of 2000. Reasons for the increase; Companies expecting double-digit earnings growth for the second quarter; Products expected to increase prices through the end of 2000.