Saltigo asks staff to do more for less
- Lanxess workers agree to work longer hours. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;4/9/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 61, p9
This article reports that employees of Lanxess, a fine chemicals subsidiary of Saltigo, agreed to extend their weekly working agreement with no increase in pay. The company had been seeking worker concessions to streamline operating costs for new and upgraded production facilities. Saltigo's...
- FORM: Hours. Guerin, Lisa; DelPo, Amy // Create Your Own Employee Handbook;2013, pF7
A form regarding number of working hours by employee is presented.
- EC likely to ban UK's 'abusive' 48-hour opt-out. // Personnel Today;11/18/2003, p1
A ban on Great Britain's employees working longer than a 48-hour week looks set to be recommended by the European Commission (EU). Its recommendation to the European Parliament could radically change the way many industries â€” such as logistics, catering and construction â€” plan...
- FORM: Billable Rate Calculator. // Women's Small Business Start-Up Kit (9781413320329);2014, p1
The article presents a worksheet with required information on the estimated annual billable and nonbillable working hours of an employee.
- When are we exempt from keeping to drivers' hours? // Commercial Motor;3/3/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5422, p28
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the need to keep the work hours of drivers on the tachographs.
- A SIX-HOUR WORK DAY. Mutari, Ellen; Figart, Deborah M. // Dollars & Sense;Sep/Oct2001, Issue 237, p32
Focuses on the experiments in Finland about a six-hour working day. Factors that influenced the kinds of flexible hours policies the Finnish government adopted; Advantages and drawbacks of the shorter hours program; Lessons for the United States.
- French workers clock off the quickest in EU. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p9
Reports on the results of a survey which found that Sweden, Portugal and Hungary have the longest average weekly working hours in the western and central European chemical industries. Average number of hours worked per week by chemical plant workers; Number of work time in France.
- Chemspec: Industry Upbeat About Market Outlook. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;6/21/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p15
The article discusses the positive outlook of chemical company executives who attended the Chemspec Europe show held in Berlin, Germany in June 2010. Uwe Brunk, head of the specialty chemicals and agricultural chemicals businesses of Saltigo, says their custom manufacturing business for the...
- Dow, Saltigo to Source More from India. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;4/12/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 13, p24
The article deals with the plan of Dow Chemical and Saltigo to source more fine chemicals from firms in India. According to the companies, they are motivated primarily by lower prices that Indian suppliers are offering. Saltigo spent $5 million-S10 million on custom manufactured products from...