Ferro restructure leads to job cuts
- Ferro Gets Back to Basics. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/24/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the recovery efforts of Ferro after the discovery of improper accounting entries, and the unexpected death of its former chairman Hector Ortino in November 2005. Ferro chairman James Kirsch said that the company has embarked on an aggressive reorganization and...
- Ferro Names former Dow Executive as COO. MacDonald, Veronica // Chemical Week;10/27/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the appointment of James F. Kirsch as president and COO of Ferro based in the U.S. on October 18, 2004. Career highlights of Kirsch; Responsibility of Kirsch.
- Ferro restructures. // Ceramic Industry;Jun99, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on Ferro Corp.'s formation of Ferro Electronic Materials, as part of its restructuring efforts. Integration of three operating divisions under one management structure; Concentration of resources on building a portfolio of businesses; Divestiture of non-core assets and businesses as a...
- Ferro Releases Delayed 2005 Results. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/17/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 17, p13
The article provides information on the financial performance of Ferro in 2005. Full-year 2005 net income from continuing operations dropped 46%, to $15 million, including charges, on tales up 2%, to $1.9 billion. "We're not at all satisfied with our performance in 2005, and we've been moving...
- Ferro drills down to the core. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/22/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 3, p18
The article considers the plan of chemical firm Ferro to improve its operations and portfolio businesses under the leadership of its CEO, chairman and president, James Kirsch. The plan includes the capture of significant cost savings, improve earnings, improve capital spending in core units and...
- Ferro CEO leaves abruptly. COONS, REBECCA // Chemical Week;11/19/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 29, p9
The article reports on the November 2012 resignation of James Kirsch, chief executive officer of the chemical firm Ferro, noting that the company named Peter Thomas as his interim replacement and announced a review of its poor-performing solar pastes production business.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE NEWS. // Chemical Week;2/22/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p9
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry including the restructuring plans of Ferro for its European manufacturing operations and the acquisition by SI Group-Crios Resinas of Resinas Industria e Comercio.
- Ferro Restructures Plastics Businesses. // Plastics Technology;May2008, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p88
The article reports on the restructuring of Ferro Corp.'s plastics business into a new Polymer Specialty Materials (PSM) group based in Independence, Ohio. Within the PSM group, the company has merged a number of businesses into the new Engineered Polymer Products (EPP) unit. The EPP unit has...
- Ferro appoints new CEO. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/5/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on Ferro Corp.'s appointment of James Kirsch as CEO following the untimely death of chairman and CEO Hector Ortino. Ortino played a key role in the development and implementation of the company's Leadership Agenda. Kirsch is responsible for global business operations since...