5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Equate plans MEG turnaround. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/20/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that Equate Petrochemical Co. will shut its monoethylene glycol (MEG) plant in Kuwait. The company is a petrochemical producer and the only MEG producer in Kuwait. The 400,000 metric ton-per-year plant will be close for a month. The shutdown is expected to further tighten MEG...
- Preparation and characterization of titania based nanowires. Václav Štengl; Snejana Bakardjieva; Natalie Murafa; Eva Večerníková; Jan Šubrt; Vladimír Balek // Journal of Nanoparticle Research;Jun2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p455
AbstractÂ Â A new method for preparation of titania nanowires with diameter around 10Â nm and length up to 2â€“3Â Î¼m is described. The precursor was prepared from sodium titanate by adding ethylene glycole (EG) and heating at temperature of 198C for 6Â h under reflux. The...
- European EG Contracts Settle Below Producers' Targets. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;2/19/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p56
Reports on the ethylene glycol (EG) contracts in Europe in the first quarter of 2003. Details on the state of the EG markets; Prices of EG in Asia; EG demand in 2002.
- CHINA NEWS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/2/2011, Vol. 281 Issue 1, p12
The article news briefs related to the chemical industry in China including three firms to start up coal-based monoethylene glycol (MEG) plant, import tariffs to be kept flat in 2012, and Sino-Japanese joint venture achieving on-spec bisphenol A (BPA).
- Buyers baffled by US EG's July, August movements. LANDRESS, LEELA // ICIS Chemical Business;7/30/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 3, p19
The article focuses on the price movements for the chemical compound ethylene glycol (EG) in the U.S. for July 2012, noting manufacturer price reductions for July 2012, probably price increases in August 2012, and the use of the Asian Contract Price (ACP) as a barometer for U.S. markets.
- Technical woes plague China plants. CHEN, SUNNY // ICIS Chemical Business;12/8/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 19, p16
The article discusses the technical problems affecting the coal/synthesis gas-based or syngas-based monoethylene glycol (MEG) plants in China, and mentions topics that include fossil fuel technology developments, syngas-to-MEG plant shutdowns, and the use of coal-based MEG units.
- Chemours to close Edgemoor, DE, titanium dioxide plant. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;8/24/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 22, p9
The article reports that American chemical company Chemours will shutdown its titanium dioxide (TiO2) plant in Edgemoor, Delaware by the end of September 2015. Topics discussed include near completion of the company's TiO2 plant in Altamira, Mexico scheduled to start its production by mid-2016,...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/4/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 11, p20
The article presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including a rise in ethylene glycol (EG) prices in the U.S. in September 2010, the rollover of methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) for September 2010, and the escalation of European acrylic acid and acrylate ester contract prices...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 7, p18
The article presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including increase in the price of the European monoethylene glycol, effort of U.S. isopropanol (IPA) suppliers to increase contract price by 3 cents/lb and the proposal of U.S. vinyl acetate monomer producers to raise the...