INEOS drives plastics growth
- INEOS ready for downturn. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/29/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the action taken by INEOS Polyolefins to recover from an industry downturn. The company is investing â‚¬150 million in European polyolefins to increase and update its capacity. The company also decided to close a polypropylene (PP) plant at Geel, Belgium while at the...
- INEOS ready for downturn. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p12
The article unveils the plan of Ineos Polyolefins to invest â‚¬150m in European polyolefins to grow and update its capacity while closing older and unprofitable units. The company will close its polypropylene (PP) plant at Geel in Belgium. It also plans to debottleneck its PP unit at...
- Oliver Medical Moves to New Dutch Facility. // Medical Device Technology;Sep2008 Med-Tech Packaging News, p4
The article evaluates several low-density polyethylene (LDPE) materials for medical and pharmaceutical packaging by Ineos Polylefins, which include Eltex MED PH22D630, PH23T630, and PH27D630.
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 37, p28
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Ineos Polyolefins plans to move a pricing structure for all wire and cable polyethylene (PE) grades. According to the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association (NPRA), sales of lubricating oils declined 1.2 percent and grease sales...
- Borealis earmarks â‚¬200m spend for polyolefins output. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p26
Reveals the plans of Borealis to invest in a polyethylene and polypropylene plants in Schwechat, Austria in 2003. Scope of the investment plans; Significance of the move; Account of a similar expansion strategy.
- Excess PE floods Asia, PP stable. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;5/31/95, Vol. 156 Issue 21, p52
Reports that commodity grades of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) are under downward pressure in Asia. Effect of a weak North American and European markets in the PE and PP market; Import difficulties in China brought on by a widening anticorruption campaign.
- U.S. Price Initiatives Falter. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;2/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p47
Focuses on the prices and demand for polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in Asia and the U.S. as of February 27, 2002. Expected increase in the PE market for January; Rise in PE and PP demand in Asia; Decline in PP prices in January in the U.S.
- Middle East PE, PP supply to normalize; price pressures to. Ling, Ong Sheau // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 11, Special section p16
The article reports that supply of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) from the Middle East is expected to come back to normal for forward March 2012 shipments, as major facilities started coming back on stream.
- JPP, JPE to decide strategy. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 436, p19
Reports an update on the investment strategies of Japan Polypropylene (JPP) and Japan Polyethylene as of March 8, 2004. Feasibility study conducted by Japan Polychem and Chisso; Operations of each company; Efforts of JPP to bolster its capacities overseas.