Self-up colleges boost daily spend
- Dining Halls of Distinction. // University Business;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p36
The article discusses the different campus dining programs of selected universities in the U.S. These include the Bates College in Maine, where students are used to eat in an old-style dining facility in the campus. Meanwhile, Boston University has 28,000 square-feet Fresh Food Co., which...
- New Idea Pops Up for UConn Catering. STOESSEL, ERIC // Food Management;Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the $3 million sales of the University of Connecticut (UConn) catering departments to more than 4,900 events in 2014. It states the school's idea on having a pop-up dinner that came from Dennis Pierce, UConn's director of Dining Services, inspired from commercial...
- Shriver Center and Carillon Catering. // Food Management;Jun2009, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p28
The article offers information regarding the Shriver Center at the Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. It notes that Shriver Center provides a variety of dining options, lounging areas, meeting facilities, and a credit union to students. Moreover, it pertains that the center also run, Direct to...
- INNOVATION FROM SAUTE PAN TO PLATELET: Stanford
University discovers missing LINX. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p26
Reports on LINX, a dining facility opened by Stanford University's Residential & Dining Enterprises at The James H. Clark Center in California. Average daily sales generated by LINX; Sales projection of LINX; Dishes served at LINX.
- Lynchburg College runs 700 events a year. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p106
Features Catering Service's food service operations at the Lynchburg College in Virginia. Catering to the universities' various events; Handling a variety of events in the on-campus areas; Revision of standardized menus for internal and external events; Benefits of cross-training the personnel...
- BRANDED PIZZA GIVES BOOST: Indiana U. adds Papa John's in arenas. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in concession sales at Indiana University's Assembly hall in 2000 with the addition of Papa John's Pizza in snack stands at the basketball arena. Percent increase in concession sales; Food and snacks served at the basketball arena; Information on the expansion of the...
- MarketCapsule: CHALLENGES IN COLLEGE CATERING. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports the growth in the catering revenues of colleges and universities in the United States as of April 2000.
- TEN WAYS TO BREAK IN TO THE STUDENT MARKET. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/25/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4670, p32
The article presents suggestions on how college caterers can attract more students.
- Keying in on the seasons. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p84
Focuses on the catering business at several universities and colleges in the United States. Percentage of the University of Georgia in Athens' catering service delivered outside the campus; Peak season for Ashland University in Ohio's catering business; Catering departments at the University of...