Supporting the Front Lines
- Hospital operator's radar reads 'food safety' more than ever. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p54
The article focuses on the efforts of Larry Bauman, director of nutritional services at Citizens Memorial Healthcare in Bolivar, Missouri, to promote food safety at the hospital. He mentions that he reminds his employees to use a sanitizing solution in vegetables due to problems with spinach,...
- Potential for Cross-training. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p52
The article deals with the cross-training of employees of sister food service companies, Parkhurst Dining Services and Cura Hospitality. The concept of cross-training for the companies is part of a corporate culture that embraces individual career development across all functional lines....
- Eat'n Park expands beyond Big Boy, contracts with Parkhurst Dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p51
Features Parkhurst Dining Services, a contract dining division of Eat'n Park Restaurants. Regional focus on leveraging experience and relationships existing in the business area; Objective of building the restaurant business at the rate of three to four restaurants a year; Concentration on...
- Cafeteria with style. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul97, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p80
Presents information on Parkhurst Dining Services which is offering universities, corporations and institutions a snazzy take cafeterias. Features of these cafeterias; Variety of foods being offered.
- Cleaner operationsâ€¦ECOLAB. Lavecchia, Gina // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p90
Ecolab Inc. is a leader in food service safety and sanitation services with more than 75 years of experience in the field. Circle of Clean product offered by Ecolab provides a circle of protection by surrounding each of its clients' operations with a customized, comprehensive array of...
- Risky Business. Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Jul2003, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p8
Presents an article about the risks associated with the food industry in the U.S. Safety issues surrounding the industry; Sanitation-related problems in food preparation; Responsibility of the industry to consumers.
- sanitize it! Biars, Lee // Food & Drink;Spring/Summer2010, p10
The article discusses the need for foodservice operators to know the difference between cleaning and sanitizing, to ensure a safe environment. It is pointed out that cleaning means to remove anything that can be seen with the naked eye, while sanitizing means to reduce the number of...
- Food Safety Starts At Your Back Door. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2001, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p86
Presents guidelines for monitoring temperatures of products and ingredients upon delivery to a restaurant or foodservice operation. Technologies which can be used for the monitoring process; Problems with thermometer calibration; Temperature monitoring for critical foods. INSET: HOW TO CHECK...
- Fortbildung zum Thema Food Safety. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/4/2014, Issue 14, p52
The article offers information on a six months training on food safety by the German Professional Association of Nutritional Sciences Berufsverband Oecotrophologie (VDOE) to be held in Bonn, Germany starting September 2014.