Selling the Sizzle
- Capitalizing on Communication. Scott, Howard // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Mar2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p52
Focuses on the decline of quality customer and employee relations of Niagara Falls' Capitol Cleaners in the U.S. Impact of environmental regulations on the company; Actions taken by the company owners concerning the problem; Relevance of the company's advertising and promotion program.
- Customer-Satisfaction Confidential. Schilling, Roger // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p30
Emphasizes the importance of customer relations in the dry cleaning industries. Reference to a book entitled 'How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life,' by Michael LeBoeuf; Suggestion of various strategies for developing customer satisfaction; Use of personalized word-processing programs to...
- Bulletin Board. // Cleanfax Magazine;Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p66
The article provides answers to a question of how to build a strong client base for a carpet cleaning business.
- Knowing What You Are Selling. Gregory, Dane // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Oct2010, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p50
The article discusses the need for cleaning companies to know the services they are selling as well as the needs of their customers. Companies are advised to ask customers about their needs, wants and requirements to make them feel that they are more important than the cleaning process. It is...
- As The Tumbler Turns, Who Will Survive? Childers, Everett // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jun2002, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the condition of the dry cleaning industry in the U.S. Entry of workers with limited production and customer relations skills; Essence of professional cleaning and counter sales in the business; Interest of successful plants to try new equipment that helps the company produce better...
- Bear Marketing. Murphy, Ian // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Mar2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p4
Discusses various aspects of marketing and customer relations in dry cleaning industry in New York City. Importance of communicating with customers and marketing their services; Effect of economic recession on the industry; Assessment on the employment status of the country.
- Bulletin Board. // Cleanfax Magazine;Jan2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p52
The article presents insights on the question on how to keep the loyalty and communication with the customers in the cleaning service industry.
- In Hot Water. Murphy, Ian // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Oct2002, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the status of drycleaning business. Predictions of a shakeout of less-profitable operations; Importance of customer relations in the business; Advantages of investing in energy-saving equipments.
- IDC MEMBERS LEARN FROM EXPERTS. // Fabricare Canada;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p26
Information about the International Drycleaners Congress that was held in the Hyatt Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland on May 11-14, 2012 is presented. Topics discussed include the importance of retaining customers by building special relationships, the habits of highly effective cleaners and the...