Stir Up Customer Thrills With Display Cooking
- Making Room for Room Service. Burns, Joan // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p32
This article discusses the emergence of a new patient meal delivery system, room service. In a room service program, a menu is developed using restaurant design techniques that are then modified to accommodate the diet selection and variety in an acute-care setting. The location, layout,...
- OVERALL UNIFORMITY TOPS LIST: COOK-CHILL BENEFITS. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the benefits of a cook-chill system to foodservice operators. Factors that should be considered before implementing a cook-chill system; Types of equipment that can be found in a cook-chill environment; Effectiveness of a cook-chill system at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
- Warming Up to Warmers. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p38
The article looks at the benefits being obtained by school and hospital food service operators from using food warming units. The food warmers help food service departments prepare fresh meals for their employees. The process also creates less heat in the kitchen and uses less energy. In many...
- RETHERM REVOLUTIONIZED. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p5
The article looks at the use of the Conduvection System from Ã€ la Cart at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford, Connecticut to cook food. According to hospital administrator Robert Ashe, rethermalized meals on the conduvection system maintain all the qualities of food cooked...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.