From Kunming to Ithaca
- Tteokbokki. Yoon Sook-ja; Lee Kyung // Koreana;Autumn2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p74
Provides information on tteokbokki, stir-fried sliced rice pasta seasoned with red pepper paste, which is a popular snack among Koreans. Ingredients of the original tteokbokki; Evolution of tteokbokki.
- Discovering the Depths of Southeast Asia. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the popularity of Asian cuisine in universities and colleges in the U.S. Boston College dining director Helen Wechsler of Massachusetts states that the student advisory committee and focus groups prefer Vietnamese food. Catering manager Betse Curtis cites that Asian theme...
- 750 DAILY AND COUNTING: Tortillas turning heads at Cornell's 'Lotta Chilada'. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the benefit of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, from a tortilla-making machine at the Lotta Chilada station in Jansen's Dining Hall. Approximate number of tortillas the station serves a day; Varieties of tortilla.
- 150 CUSTOMERS AND COUNTING: Cornell adds to ethnic variety. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p20
Reports that Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, has opened the Hurry For Curry tandoori station in Okenshield Dining Hall. Foods served at the station; Remarks from dining services director, Nadeem Siddiqui.
- Asian Inroads. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the inclusion of Oriental dishes to United States college campuses' foodservice menus. Chinese dishes offered at Villanova University; Signs of the emerging acceptance of Oriental dishes; In-house brand introduced by California State University.
- Demographics drive demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p124
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in college campuses across the United States. Chinese dishes served at Villanova University in Pennsylvania; Comments from university food service directors; Specialties served at Dakota State University.
- College Munchie Mania. // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p69
Presents the snack foods offered by colleges and universities in the United States. Offer of flavored bagel chips as free bar snacks at Connecticut College; Flavors of the chicken fingers served by Holy Cross College; Availability of a wide variety of pizza at the North Dakota State University.
- SNACKING FORECAST. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jan2015, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on "The Big Picture" survey by the periodical "Foodservice Director" which found that college and university food-service operators perceived growth in snacking.
- Cooking class. Simpson, Maureen // Australian House & Garden;May99, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p152
Presents the recipe Pho Bo (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup). Includes advice on fresh rice noodles and their uses in a variety of Asian dishes.