CDC walks the walk
- A Healthy Renovation. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Pennsylvania has renovated a cafe into an Au Bon Pain franchise at the College of Medicine. The renovation was part of the hospital's contract with Morrison Management Specialists. An overview of the menu at Au Bon Pain is...
- ITEM POSITIONING FOR PROFITS: MENU BOARDS AT BONANZA INTERNATIONAL. Sobol, Marion Gross; Barry, Thomas E. // Interfaces;1980, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p55
The article examines the extent to which entree positions on the menu board influence sales of particular items in the case of Bonanza International Inc., a fast food franchiser. The Bonanza menu consists of a backlit photographic board with interchangeable positions for pictures and listing of...
- A Pirate's Booty. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p52
The article looks at how incorporating redesign theme in menu boards helped the cafeterias in the Oxford Public Schools in Massachusetts. Angela Scolaro, director of foodservices, hired image consulting firm The Artworks Shop to help in modifying the school foodservice design. Two major changes...
- DIETING FOR HEALTH. // Ebony;Feb1952, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p96
The article discusses the importance of well-planned and attractive menus to keep oneself healthy.
- River North branch of a Mexican favorite. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/15/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Features Lalo's, a Mexican restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. Ambiance of the dining establishment; Menu design; Food quality.
- Signs of the times: Operators embrace functional menu systems. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Reports that foodservice operators in the United States have turned toward in-store sign systems that are flexible, functional and more affordable than traditional back-lit menu boards. Importance of menu boards and ancillary signs; Information on menu boards of some restaurants; Important menu...
- HAPPIER MEALS. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;3/12/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p88
Presents advice to restaurateurs for preparation of attractive menu list according to preferences of children. Menu items for youngest customers at New York City's Guastavino's; Emphasis on flavors for food prepared specially for children; Food items preferred by kids. INSET: More than Child's...
- NEWS DIGEST. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p22
Reports developments related to the food service industry in the U.S. as of September 22, 2003. Presentation of contemporary Japanese food at Wildfish restaurant; Opening of a 28-seat restaurant at Mojo; Offering of traditional French cuisine at Brasserie Rouge.
- Jack's Oyster House. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p152
Features the Jack's Oyster House in Albany, New York. Provision of venue for American cuisine; Menu design; Enhancement of customer services; Interior decoration of the restaurant.