Beasley's buzz: 'Image.'
- HFM president Beasley plans two `action teams' at annual conference. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p18
Focuses on the acceptance speech of Marge Beasley as president of the National Society of Healthcare Foodservice Management during the organization's 1999 conference in La Quinta, California. Explanation on the formation of action teams; Commitment of Beasley to address trends in the industry.
- Stacey Versus the Cafeteria Lady. Bumpus, Stacey // Angels on Earth;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
The author relates how a cafeteria lady she met at the hospital helped her to recover from a leg injury.
- Non-patient revenues up 23% over two years. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
Details findings of the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management's (HFM) members needs assessment survey that indicates an increase in non-patient revenues in hospitals and long-term care. Revenue generation as top priority of foodservice operators, according to HFM Executive...
- IT'S A STRETCH. Dilonardo, Mary Jo // Atlanta;Dec2003, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p54
The article focuses on an emerging trend of exercise "yoga-lates" in Atlanta, Georgia that is actually a fusion of the decade's two exercise fads namely yoga and Pilates. Kashi Atlanta in Inman Park is an authentic yoga studio that has a wooded walkway decorated in twinkling lights, meditative...
- WHAT'S Ahead FOR Healthcare? // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the revolution in the hospital foodservices discussed in a videoconference assembled by the National Society of Healthcare Food Service Management. Introduction of retail dining in healthcare; Emphasis on the intercultural difference in foodservice between Europe and the United...
- Chance and Circumstance. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
The article profiles John Athamanah, manager of foodservices at La Rabida Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, including the influence of his mother on his interest in foodservice, career in clinical nutrition and his first job as a clinical nutrition manager.
- AT PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL: ROOM SVC. HITS PLANO. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
Presents information on a hotel-style room service program implemented at the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas in 2003. Description of the type of service used prior to the program; Details of the room service process; Impact of the program on the food service staff requirements of the...
- Texas Turnaround. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the efforts of the Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas in Texas to improve the quality of its food services. Information on the Jackson Patio Cafe and Cafe Presby in the hospital; Increase in food sales in the hospital; Contribution of the replacement of cash registers to the sales...
- SERVICE FOR ONE--AND ALL: Carts put new spin on Crittenton Hosp's breakfast. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Top of the Morning breakfast cart service offered by Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Michigan. Statistics on the hospital's cafeteria sales and customers; Description of the program; Patient menu offered by the hospital; Training received by food service staffers.