No need for LEED? You can still go your own way
- Follow the LEEDer. Kaiser, Kim // Wood Digest;Jan2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on the U.S. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, and offers information on the program, LEED for Homes, aimed to create a home using design that is healthy, energy efficient and environmentally responsible. It states that for the...
- Armstrong World Industries. // Walls & Ceilings;Jun2009, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p62
The article evaluates the Prelude XL HRC and Suprafine XL HRC ceiling and suspension systems by Armstrong World Industries.
- Unique Hotel Earns LEED Gold Certification. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/28/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that Hotel Indigo Athens has gained the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold status in Georgia. Hotel Indigo was developed by Rialto Partners LLC and managed by Park Place Hospitality Group. According to Tommy Linstroth, director of sustainability at...
- A Better Built Environment through LEED. Hucal, Michelle // Sustainable Facility;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Rick Fedrizzi on the measurement and assessment building performance, another by Tommy Linstroth on the certification levels of Leadership in Energy and Design (LEED), and one by Michael Berning on the importance...
- POINT: Green is Losing its Luster. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/25/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p30
In this article the author discusses aspects of the quality lost by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) movement in the U.S.
- COUNTERPOINT: Green Is Continuing to Grow and Improve. Gargaro, Kyle // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/25/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p30
In this article the author discusses aspects of the continuous growth and improvement of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating systems in the U.S.
- CHICAGO BUILDING RECEIVES LEED PLATINUM. // Elevator World;Mar2012, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p24
The article announces that the Greenhouse Loft in Chicago, Illinois has achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum certification.
- Flip-flop occurring in world of environmental building. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/18/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p14
The article reports the upswing in Leadership in Energy and Engineering Design-Existing Buildings projects (LEED) in the U.S. Introduced in 2008, LEED-EB projects have surpassed LEED-certified work on new construction by 23-million square feet as of 2011. The trend is expected to continue in...
- Ensuring 'green' works as promised. Brunell, Don // Journal of Business (10756124);8/14/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 17, pA8
The author argues against the lack of a comprehensive system in Washington, D.C. to track the performance of its green building standards program, including the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), since it was launched in 2005 due to incomplete reporting by state agencies.