Taking the LEED
- High School Achieves Comfort, Energy Efficiency Goals with REHAU Radiant. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2016, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p94
The article offers information on the building project for the Ã‰cole secondaire Jeunes sans frontiers French language high school in Brampton, Ontario, with an emphasis on its healthy and sustainable designed learning environment. Particular focus is given to the incorporation of the project...
- GBCI certifies 10,000th LEED commercial project. // Floor Covering Installer;Dec2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p38
The article reports on the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification of the Live Oak Family Resource Center in Santa Cruz, California by the U.S. Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), marking the 100,000th certified commercial project under the program.
- GBCI, Bureau Veritas develop strategic partnership. // Engineered Systems;Sep2014, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p49
The article reports that the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) and Bureau Veritas SA are teaming up to facilitate LEED certification on behalf of GBCI for LEED green building projects.
- LEED honors Owens. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Feb2007, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p34
The article reports on the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification received by Owens Corning in Toledo, Ohio.
- Radiant barriers maximize thermal efficiency. Edmondson, Mary // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Mar2007, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses the importance of the construction of green building and energy-efficient building products in the U.S. to help maximize a building's thermal efficiency.
- Green building for IRICEN. // Paintindia;Jul2011, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p119
The article reports that the Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering will construct an environmentally-friendly building that will also be energy efficient and will use the concept of heat management.
- LAMDA HELLIX receives LEED Gold v4 BD+C certification. Mcgee-Abe, Jason // Capacity Magazine;10/10/2016, p1
LAMDA HELLIX claims its latest facility, Athens-2, is the world's first colocation data centre after it received the LEED Gold v4 BD+C certification for its green development and operation.
- Legal Eagles Save Energy. // Energy & Power Management;Sep2007, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on the design of the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences building in the University of California (UCI) Irvine campus. It states that the UCI directed that the Bren Hall energy-efficient rating be 20% greater than required by Title 24, California's...
- It's not easy becomin' green. Cobin, Harold F. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/172003, Vol. 42 Issue 46, p2
Reports on Roger Petersen's decision to build an environmentally responsible "green" house in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Plan to exceed the federal government's minimum rating for an energy-efficient home under its Energy Star program; Petersen's ownership of Scandia Construction and...