PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA
- The Red Deal. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;11/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
The article features Joie Schoonover, director of culinary services at the University of Wisconsin (UW), Madison. In just four years at UW, Schoonover reinvented the food service program of the university by changing its management structure and revising its operational systems. Schoonover also...
- Moonlight Menus: Snack Around the Clock. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p40
The article looks at late night menus offered by university food services across the U.S. The Halal Guys food truck has partnered with Binghamton Dining Services that resulted to a student-run concept and the Chick-N-Bap menu. Glace Grill at Maryland Institute College of Art features a grill, a...
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- Leveraging a Comfort Food Favorite. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information about the Le Mac menu offered by Aramark at the University of Delaware, which won the Best Station Concept award.
- Learning on the Job. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p30
The article features Greg Black, director of university dining at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa.
- More special health bars are popping up. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on the establishment of more food services offering health foods in college campus vicinities in the United States. Includes Home Plate dining center in Darmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire; `Lite Bite' station in University of North Carolina; Vegetarian and meat dishes without...
- NO MORE SECRETS: Exhibition cooking removes the mystery. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the improvement of student perceptions of university foodservice at the State University of New York in Geneseo, New York after the opening of a marketplace-style foodcourt as of February 2004. Expectations of students on foodservice meals according to the president of the National...