- Wake Forest U. launches off-site branded court. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North carolina will open a national and signature branded foodcourt at the Information Systems Building. Opportunities in the off-site area, as cited by foodservice director Mike Bellefeuil; Projected revenues from the debit-card and...
- Cafeterias/food service areas. // American School & University;Aug98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p79
Focuses on the design of Shorty's, a food service facility at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Area divisions; Furnishings; Seating areas.
- Keeping tradition (or not). Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p82
Focuses on the availability of soups and sandwiches at hospitals in the United States. How the Bloomsberg Hospital in Pennsylvania prepares its sandwiches and soups; Information on the soups at the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Daily sandwich...
- Science classes' studies lead to lake clean-up. // Curriculum Review;Nov92, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p15
Discusses how the High School biology, chemistry and earth-science students in Hagerstown in Maryland solved the problem of the polluted lake in the town's central park. How the students investigated the reason for the killing of ducks and plants in the lake; Results of their study; How the...
- Volunteer or else, Supreme Court says. // Curriculum Review;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has ruled that high schoool students need to do volunteer work in order to graduate. Information on the case involved.
- University-community collaboration: The People to People program. Conderman, Gregory J.; Patryla, Victoria M. // Intervention in School & Clinic;Mar94, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p247
Focuses on the People to People program, a volunteer community service project for college students in the United States. Program features; Documentation; Evaluation; Considerations in developing a program.
- Tulsa Tech students give volunteerism a high-five. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Jan98, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p10
Looks into the efforts of four Tulsa Technology Center students in Oklahoma to get fellow students nationwide to get more involved in community service volunteering. Calls made for students to hold their own Presidents' Student Summits to determine community needs and provide solutions to these...
- The Gift of Giving. // East Bernard Express (TX);12/21/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 52, pA1
The article reports on students and faculty of East Bernard Independent School who are worked on holidays on various projects, including Project Santa and assisted 40 needy children and families for the Christmas gifts this year.
- Between love's hands. Elwell, Anni // Education Week;07/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p41
Presents an account of the author's experience as a student volunteer at the New England Center for Women in Transition, a shelter for abused women and their children. Friendship with Maria and her brother Carlos; Emotional attachment to people at the shelter.