Scouts' Honor: Lifelong Pursuit
- LGBT MERIT BADGE. COBARRUBIAS, SARAH // In These Times;Dec2012, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p9
The article reports on the private organization that exclude the gay scout and its scouts leaders declare by Supreme Court and the banned of Boy Scout of America for avowed of homosexual.
- Be Prepared:. // Gay Times (09506101);Aug2007, Issue 347, p82
The article focuses on the decision of the Scout Association in Great Britain to accept gays as Scout leaders. Assistant director Paul Wilkinson notes that they are willing to admit more adults and young people from the gay community. It notes that as the association claims that there has not...
- What's the Plan? RAY, MARK // Scouting;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p14
The article offers tips for U.S. boy scout cubmasters for planning effective den meetings. Topics include the importance of the "Den Leader Guide" as the most important resource for age groups Tigers, Wolves, and Bears, the need for cubmasters to consider what meeting plans could work with their...
- Days of Horseplay. Smith, Donna Campbell // Boys' Life;Jun2002, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p7
Provides information on the Boy Scout troop of Captain Marvin Howard which was formed in the 1950s. INSET: WHAT'S ON THE ISLAND NOW?.
- Scouting Around. Pitluk, Adam // Boys' Life;Nov2002, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p55
Provides news briefs concerning Boy Scouts in the U.S., as of November 2002.
- Boy Scout link keeps ROMEOs alive. Fox, Jim // South County Journal;7/4/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 27, pA4
The author offers views regarding the group called Retired Old Men Eating Out (ROMEO), whose members have one common thing, their involvement in the Boy Scout movement.
- SCOUTING FOR EMPIRE. Bailey, Victor // History Today;Jul82, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p5
Discusses the origin of the Boy Scout movement in Great Britain in 1908. Total boy scout membership in 1910 and 1913; Information on the movement's primer, Scouting for Boys; Association between scouting and Edwardian beliefs; Role of scouting during the First World War.
- BL HEADLINERS. Drost, Sarah Normand; Fink, Jennifer L. W.; Kagen, Elliott; Goodpaster, Robin // Boys' Life;Apr2011, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p14
This article profiles several U.S. boy scouts and their achievements.
- JULY 26th, 1581: THE DUTCH 'DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE' Parker, Geoffrey // History Today;Jul81, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p3
Discusses the history of the political division of Atlantic Europe in the sixteenth century. Problems encountered in the unification of the Low Countries; How Valois France conquered the Low Countries; Resistance met by King Philip II of Spain from the Calvinists in the Netherlands.