Liaison Learns to Let Go
- Pain in the gas. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p30
Presents the views of several officers and directors in the U.S. food service industry on issues related to the effects of rising gas prices on the industry. Remarks from Matthew Biette, director of dining services at Middlebury College, on the speculated price increase of their major chicken...
- ON-SITE FUTURE POWER PLAYERS Carol Bracken-Tilley. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;6/16/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p40
Profiles Motorola Hospitality Group manager of hospitality services Carol Bracken-Tilley. Career highlights; Challenges facing the food service industry; Future plans. INSET: Untitled.
- MHG: A SELF-OP SURVIVOR IN A CONTRACT WORLD. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/03/01 Supplement, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on the irregularity of Motorola Hospitality Group (MHG) in the on-site foodservice industry. Coverage of foodservice operations; Evaluation of the annual revenue; Remarks of vice president and corporate director of MHG Richard Ysmael on the management of Motorola.
- Where are we? Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;03/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p6
Offers observation on the 1999 Women's Foodservice Forum which discusses women in food chain-management jobs. Highlights of the Forum; Forum's influence in helping more women pursue a career in foodservice management.
- Bracken Tilley Joins Food for Thought. // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p18
The article announces that Carol Bracken-Tilley was appointed vice president of food service management at Food For Thought.
- Self-op or contract? // Food Management;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on factors influencing decisions to for either self-operating or outsourcing food service management functions. Managers' tendency to stick with the managerial form with which they are familiar; Preparation necessary for outsourced management consultants to orient new management...
- In the hot seat. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p52
Discusses the challenges on the roles of contract liaisons when a self-operated facility goes contract. Comment from Russ Meyer, director of dining and conference services for the University of Nevada, Reno; Difference between a self-operator and a contractor; Stages of the challenges posted on...
- Glass Ceiling Or Saran Wrapâ„¢? Women In Gaming Management. Costen, Wanda M.; Hardigree, Christian E.; Testagrossa, Michael A. // UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal;2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
This study explores women's representation in gaming management in the 24 highest gross revenue gaming establishments in America. While almost 54% of foodservice and lodging employees are women, and approximately 44% of the managers in foodservice and lodging are women, one area of hospitality...
- You CAN Always Get What You Want. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p42
Reports the importance of issuing a request for proposal (RFP) in generating funds for renovation in foodservice operations in the United States. Selection of candidates to bid for the RFP of a company; Ideal RFP document; Kinds of RFP. INSETS: The Vision Thing.;'Understand What You Want to...