- 4TH ANNUAL SLOW FOOD DESERT CITIES FARM TO TABLE FUNDRAISER. // Public Record (0744205X);11/30/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p7
The article offers information on the 4th annual Farm to Table Fundraiser by the Slow Food USA Desert Cities chapter which will be held at the Miramonte Resort & Spa in Indian Wells, Riverside County, California on December 5, 2010.
- IT'S NOT TOO EARLY TO TALK TURKEY. McLaughlin, Lisa // Time;9/8/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p97
Focuses on heritage turkeys, which are grown and bred naturally. Number of turkeys consumed annually in America that are Broad Breasted Whites, bred for maximum white meat, which could not exist in nature; Features that leave the turkeys unable to run, fly, or copulate; Number of farmers...
- Raise heritage turkeys as seasonal income? Scharabok, Ken // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p76
Presents information on business establishments involved in heritage turkey raising in the U.S. Services and products offered by Heritage Foods USA; Services offered by Slow Food USA.
- New Mantra: Slow Down, We Move (and Eat) Too Fast... Palmer, Sharon // Environmental Nutrition;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the emergence of slow food organization in the U.S. Accordingly, it was an international organization founded by Carlo Petrini in Italy in 1986. It cites the Slow Food USA whose mission was to change the face of the modern food system into something that reconnects...
- GROWING CONNECTIONS. Viertel, Josh // SN: Supermarket News;12/12/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 50, p18
An interview with Slow Food USA's president Joshua Viertel is presented. Viertel mentions that people want a real connect to the producer, environment, and in food which they can find in farmer's markets. He states that better practices, fair trade, and less environmental impact were being...
- When in Rome. Paterson, Seale // Saint Charles Avenue;Apr2009, p88
The article features the Roman Candy, a wagon designed so the candy can be made on board while selling in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Roman Candy is operated by Ron Kotteman, also known as the Roman Candy Man, after his grandfather Sam Cortese, who originally built the wagon, died. Moreover, the...
- Crescent City Farmers Market Founder Going National. MCNULTY, IAN // New Orleans Magazine;Mar2013, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p32
The article announces that Richard McCarthy has been appointed executive director for the organization Slow Food USA.
- SLOW Food USA. KLEMPERER, JERUSHA // Public Garden;2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p21
The article describes Slow Food USA, a network of volunteer-run chapters in the U.S. that are working to build local food communities. Slow Food, a network that has been existing for more than 20 years in Italy and over ten years in the U.S., provides a way for people to get together to watch...
- Tools for Schools. // Curriculum Review;Jan2012, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses various educational activity programs that schools in the U.S. can implement including a program employing low-income teenagers in college admissions offices, an experiential food education curricula Slow Foods USA organization, and a Black History Month reading curriculum.