Chicago hospital cuts ties with all 'unhealthy' foods
- Great Grains. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;2/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p46
This article deals with the growing popularity of grains in the U.S. foodservice sector. According to Kathy Butler of the Unviersity of North Texas, in Denton, she received positive reception and trepidation from her grain ventures. For instance, Butler offers multi-grain bread and whole-grain...
- confessions. // FoodService Director;3/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p62
The article presents an interview with chief Raquel Bulford-Frazier of the Miami Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare System who discusses the best part of her job, her greatest achievement, and favorite meal.
- ASHFSA announces '09 board of directors. // AHA News;9/15/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p8
The article announces the appointment of the board of directors for the American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators including Denisa Cate, Raquel Bulford-Frazier and Kimberly Norton.
- Fruit Salad Twists. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p67
The article looks at efforts by Aatul Jain, executive chef at Saint Clare's Health System in New Jersey, to modernize and incorporate more healthful items into the hospital menu.
- Not Just for Kids. // Food Management;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p62
Orbits Diner Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas City, Kansas is the primary acute-care pediatric hospital between Denver and St. Louis, treating more than 200,000 out-patients and more than 10,000 in-patients annually. Orbit is located on the ground floor of the hospital's South Tower, providing a...
- Children's hospital shifts to breakfast cart program. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the start of a Breakfast A La Carte program at the All Children's Hospital in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Opportunity for children in patient's rooms to choose their own breakfast; Food selections; Offer of the service to all age groups; Cost savings from the program.
- NEW KITCHEN, KIDS' MENU: Children's facility brings changes to N.J. hosp. f/s. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p32
Reports on the changes made in the foodservice program of the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey after the opening of the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children's Hospital. Design of the children's hospital; Food items that were added to the menu; Prices of food trays.
- Boston Children's Hospital Makes Mealtime Fun. // Systems Contractor News;Jan2016, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the installation of the video production system at Boston Children's Hospital located in Boston, Massachusetts, which aim to promote healthy eating among patients and their families through the cooking demonstration shows.
- SERVED BY EXEC. CHEF: Foodservice team helps hosp. lift kids' spirits with meals. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the efforts of the hospital and food service staff of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania to work together to improve consumption among children who are not eating. Background on the Children's Hospital; Goals of the Dining with the Chef program of the hospital; Food...