- SERVING UP SUCCESS. Goral, Tim // University Business;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p52
Offers advice on enhancing the food service program in the university. Importance of understanding the unique traits of the demographic groups on campus; Challenge facing food service providers; Remarks from Tom Saine of Aramark on food service management. INSET: What's Cookin'?.
- Tufts Take-Away To Die For. King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p54
This article focuses on the to-go program of Tufts University. This program is part of the university's Dining Services program. At Tufts University, the idea of take-away has almost become an art form, since the opening of Hodgdon Good-To-Go in 2007. Located in 53-year-old Hodgdon Hall,...
- Cash-op gains at Purdue U. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p68
Discusses efforts to widen the use of debit cards in conjunction with the expansion of catering services at the Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Impetus for the move; Projected growth of catering revenues as a result of the expansion; Improvements in on-campus, dining services;...
- Managing a turnaround. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p112
Details the turnaround of the catering department at the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Strategy implemented by director of catering Barbara Sieger to rebuild the catering program; Therapy sessions held with customers; Creation and implementation of systems directed at...
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- Lynchburg College runs 700 events a year. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p106
Features Catering Service's food service operations at the Lynchburg College in Virginia. Catering to the universities' various events; Handling a variety of events in the on-campus areas; Revision of standardized menus for internal and external events; Benefits of cross-training the personnel...
- BRANDED PIZZA GIVES BOOST: Indiana U. adds Papa John's in arenas. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in concession sales at Indiana University's Assembly hall in 2000 with the addition of Papa John's Pizza in snack stands at the basketball arena. Percent increase in concession sales; Food and snacks served at the basketball arena; Information on the expansion of the...