- Historic Dairy Bar Reopens. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the re-opening of the Dairy Bar in the University of New Hampshire in August 2008 after a seven-month renovation. With the reopening of the Dairy Bar, the menu is refocusing on sustainable business practices and local foods. Jon Plodzik of Dairy Bar says he wanted to do...
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- East meets South at UCLA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on Rendezvous, a cafÃ© at the University of California-Los Angeles that serves both Asian and Mexican food. As a test, it opened with limited hours, and it will operate again in the fall of 2006 and will be open all day. Food options range from orange chicken to Thai salad...
- Iowa's Urge to Burge. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the renovation of the Burge dining hall by the food services team at the University of Iowa. Features of the dining hall; Lessons learned by the team from the renovation process; Role of the university staff in menu development.
- The Authentic Way. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p46
The article features the ethnic dishes being offered at Saint Joseph's College of Maine in Standish. Bon Appetit general manager Stuart Leekie explained that their dishes are prepared in connection with some cultural and social events. The facility served Japanese cuisine during an Evening in...
- USC's Mark Baida leaves hotel career to prepare Trojan courses. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;4/10/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p48
The article presents an interview with University of Southern California executive chef Mark Baida regarding his responsibilities and role in the university food service. He has discussed the number of students fed daily and also described the food service facilities that the university offer to...
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- SCHOOL MENUS. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pA5
The article offers information on the Sandwich Bar daily school menu from October 7 to 22, 2010 including ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dog with chili and cheese, and cereal with toast and juice.