Pearson Expects Revenue Growth, Profit Improvement
- Pearson's Performance Leads Large Print Publishers in 2006. // Electronic Education Report;3/9/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p4
The article provides information on the 2006 financial performance of Pearson Education Inc., the largest education publisher in the U.S. The company's revenue from its global K-12 and higher education publishing increases by 8% amounting to $5.29 billion in the said year. Moreover, the company...
- Increase In College Sales Mitigates Flat Year In K-12 For A 4% Revenue Gain At Pearson Ed. In 2004. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher Pearson Education Inc. in New Jersey. Increase in education sales; Improvement of higher education sales; Adjustment of growth for currency fluctuation and excluding acquisitions and disposals.
- Pearson Ed Revenue Increases with Performances That Outpace in K-12 and College Markets. // Educational Marketer;3/5/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Pearson Education Inc., the largest education publisher in the U.S. in 2006. During the period, the publisher generated a revenue increase of 8 percent including its global K-12 and higher education publishing sales. The company is believed to...
- Results Up at Penguin, Pearson Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the sales and profits of two publishers in the first six months of 2001. Total sales at the Penguin Group; Sales and revenues of Pearson Education. INSETS: Perl Promoted at Penguin;Pfeffer Joins Pearson Education.
- Pearson Reigns in U.S. College; Houghton Outpaces the Pack. // Educational Marketer;5/19/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the exceptional sales performance of educational publishers included in the exclusive 'Educational Marketer' U.S. Publishers Ranking. revenue of Boston, Massachusetts-based publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. for the year 2002; Rank of Upper Saddle River, New Jersey-based publisher...
- Oprah helps out at FT. Meade, Robin // Printing World;8/5/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 7, p17
Reports on how publishing firm Pearson's one million pound operating loss in the first half of 2004 turned into a two million pound profit. Cost cutting at the "Financial Times," a Pearson publication; Help provided by talk show host Oprah Winfrey's recommendation of Pearson title "Anna...
- BEHIND THE SPIN. // Management Today;Apr2005, p24
The article presents information about Pearson Education Inc. Its 2004's annual results met market expectations--a 3% rise in underlying sales to 3.9 billion pounds, and operating profit up 5% to 455 million pounds. But that doesn't necessarily mean all is well on the ranch. The news of veteran...
- Book Revenue Dropped 7% At Pearson, to $5.9 Billion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p5
Presents an update on the profits posted by book publishing companies in the U.S. for 2003. Book revenue posted by Pearson Education Inc.; Increase in the operating profits of Penguin Books Ltd.; Factor which affected the sales of Dorling Kindersley.
- Pearson Education Maintains Spot At Top As Nation's Largest College Publisher For 1999. // Educational Marketer;07/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p1
Provides information on the domination of Pearson Education as the top college publisher in the higher education market in the United States as of July 2000.