Patent Office Will Take Another Look at Blackboard Patent Approval
- CHAPTER 3: Finding Previous Inventions. Stim, Richard; Pressman, David // Patent Pending in 24 Hours;Nov2015, p47
The article discusses the importance of Internet patent searching before filing a provisional patent application (PPA) in order to avoid wasting time and money. It explains how to conduct a basic search for prior art, including how to find patents on the Internet, how to use a patent searcher to...
- Co-sponsors sought for patents bill. // Ophthalmology Times;3/27/95, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p50
Reports on the call for cosponsorship of a legislation prohibiting the United States Patent Office from issuing patents on medical procedures unrelated to a medical device or pharmaceutical. Abuse of the patent system by doctors.
- PTO Reform Legislation. // Congressional Digest;Dec96, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p296
Presents the US House Judiciary Committee's explanation of the background and need for the patent law reform legislation H.R. 3460. Establishment of the Patent and Trademark Office as an independent, wholly owned government corporation; Patent publication; Prior domestic user rights.
- WEEK IN WASHINGTON. // BioWorld Insight;2/14/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p5
The article on the Patent Reform Act of 2011 approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's funding.
- Glaxo scores win in PTO case. // Medical Device Daily;4/15/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 73, p4
The article reports on the victory of GlaxoSmithKline over a ruling in the U.S. District Court in Virginia that prevented the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office( (USPTO) from implementing rules that would limit the number of times a patent application can be resubmitted to two. A complaint issued...
- PTO Issues AIA Rules. Serebrov, Mari // BioWorld Today;7/20/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 140, p5
The article reports on the issuance by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) of the final rules to implement the pre-issuance submission provision of the America Invents Act (AIA).
- Keeping the patent office honest. Riley, Ron // Machine Design;9/28/95, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p244
Comments on the patent law changes in the United States. Change in the US Patent and Trademark Office's (PTO) policy on patent terms; Involvement of third parties in the re-examination of patents.
- Rulemaking Remand. Danzig, Christopher // InsideCounsel;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 209, p16
The article focuses on developments related to patent laws in Virginia. The Virginia Federal District Court decided in April 2008 to strike down a set of new Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) rules that limited the number of claims in a patent application, as well as the number of times an...
- 'Quick' issuance of patents. Remus, Paul C. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/23/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p41
The article offers tips on how to file for a patent application at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in New Hampshire. It states that delays examination of the applications and issuance of resulting patents are the easiest way to accomplish a cost-effective patent application. It notes that a...