Who's Left in the Labor Pool?
- A contingency framework of selection and training of expatriates revisited. Tung, Rosalie L. // Human Resource Management Review;Spring98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p23
Assesses whether the contingency paradigm of selection and training identified in the article titled `Selection and training of personnel for international assignments' published in the 1981 issue of the `Columbia Journal of World Business' is still relevant. Changes and developments since the...
- Pick the right people. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce (10928332);Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p50
Focuses on employee selection, training and development in relation to employee commitment. How to hire qualified employees; Development opportunities; Role of human resource management.
- Training. // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p8
Reports developments in personnel management as of January 2002 in Great Britain. Appointment of two Manufacturer Sash UK's training officers; Benefits of Peacocks Medical's section heads on personal productivity training; Introduction of Learndirect system for employees.
- Hard-to-Hire Workers Excel. Dutton, Gail // Workforce;Oct2002, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p16
Deals with the efforts of electro surgical device Gyrus Medical company to hire people who have been unemployed for a long period of time. Significance of employee training and development; Details on the hiring program of the company; Development of an off-site production line.
- THE PERFECT CANDIDATE. Zeller, Shawn; Webster, Stephen // Government Executive;7/1/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p40
The article informs that according to a report, the Partnership for Public Service, a Washington nonprofit that works to boost interest in public careers, determined that federal hiring methods are outmoded and inefficient. The U.S. government relies too heavily on measurements of training and...
- How HR Professionals Can Help Companies Grow and Create Jobs. Chao, Elaine L. // HR Magazine;Jan2012, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p28
The article discusses ways in which human resources (HR) professionals can help to grow companies and create jobs. The author examines the role of HR departments in developing skills training and education programs, public advocacy, and in hiring workers who will be productive. Other topics...
- Why Customer Satisfaction Starts with HR. Kiger, Patrick J. // Workforce (10928332);May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the correlation between personnel management and customer satisfaction. Information on employee selection; Factors that influence customer satisfaction; Importance of employee training to customer services. INSET: Five HR Tips for Imporving the Customer Relationship.
- Training New Employees. Rosso, Anne // Collector (0010082X);Jun2014, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p52
The article focuses on the importance of successful new-hire training sessions. Employees' first training session need to include an introduction to the company's vision, mission and goals. The trainer need to discuss department work standards and managers' expectations for employees. Trainer...
- ANÃLISIS DE LA GESTIÃ“N DE LOS RECURSOS HUMANOS QUE APLICAN LAS PEQUEÃ‘AS Y MEDIANAS EMPRESAS DE SERVICIO. Huertas, Héctor Priego; Olmos, Roberto Espíritu; Ruíz, Lorena Hernández; Martínez, Albania Padilla // Global Conference on Business & Finance Proceedings;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p593
The practice of the management of human resources nowadays is one of the most important factors in businesses, because productivity of the enterprise will depend on this; if it's been carried out a good recruitment, selection and specially training process, considering the use of technologies....