Top Ten Workplace Commandments
- Public Safety Assessment Centers: A Steward's Perspective. Caldwell, Cam; Gruys, Melissa L.; Thornton III, George C. // Public Personnel Management;Summer2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p229
Public safety assessment centers are primarily conducted for promotional examinations. The duties owed to the stakeholders served by public safety assessment centers have been generally outlined in the newly revised Guidelines and Ethical Considerations for Assessment Center Operations. This...
- THE righteous vision. BHASIN, SWATI // Human Capital;May2013, p66
The article focuses on the life and works of Sandeep Gandhi, chief human resource at Aircel Corp. Topics discussed include his leadership style, his work philosophy, and his values and vision. It informs that he has worked with companies such as UniLever, PepsiCo, and Vodafone. It also discusses...
- New Orleans Gatekeeper. Gurchiek, Kathy // HR Magazine;Jun2009, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p56
The article profiles Tim Tumminello, human resource (HR) director at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center-New Orleans in Louisiana. The challenges associated with HR, particularly in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina in 2005, appeal to the director. He worked from the back of a recreational...
- â€¦my next move. Bell, Gail // Personnel Today;7/11/2006, p30
The article presents an expert's answer to a question regarding an HR professional's duty to keep up employees' morale under threat of redundancy. Anxiety is always provoked by the threat of redundancy. The importance of effective communication during times of change is well recognized by an HR...
- Ethical Practice: HR Must Champion a Principled Culture. MacDonald, Chris // HR Magazine;Dec2015/Jan2016, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p40
The article discusses the ethical practice of human resource (HR) professionals. Topics include automaker Volkswagen AG's emissions scandal, the four characteristics of HR ethical culture which include a clear set of values that are embedded in the way business gets done, the ethical issues...
- Distinguished members of the `HR 2008' panel. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p53
Presents human resource professionals who were consulted by the periodical `Workforce' to predict human resource trends for year 2008. Includes Dennis Blair of GTE Technology and Systems; Bonnie Hathcock of US Airways; Bob Peixotto of L.L. Bean Inc.
- People and posts. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p13
Announces the executives' post related to personnel development in Britain. Members of the council of the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration; Grant McEwan's job at Kendals department store in Manchester; Responsibilities of Chris Howard as head of corporate services at English Tourist...
- A new profile for Polish personnel. Vrotecka, Irmina // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p36
Relates the author's experience as a personnel manager in Poland. Where she obtain her legal background of personnel; Training policy of the company where she work; Three types of company in Poland which human resource managers operate.
- Cutbacks block creativity. Hegewisch, Ariane // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p37
Focuses on the impact of privatization on personnel managers in eastern Germany. Comparison between the personnel managers before and after the privatization; Influence of western German owners and customs on the employees of eastern Germany.