Five Steps to Meditating Conflict
- The boss as referee. // Internal Auditor;Aug96, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the findings of a survey which concludes that executives spend more time resolving employee conflicts. Factors that contribute to the conflict in the workplace; Ways for managers to reduce the time they spend resolving conflicts.
- Workplace wars. Perry, Phillip M. // Materials Management in Health Care;Nov99, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p49
Focuses on the importance of personnel management in conflict resolution within the workplace. Need for managers to learn how to take action when conflicts disrupt business; Examples of common workplace conflicts; Recommended course of action when workplace dispute among employees occurs. ...
- Pulling together can resolve conflict. Fernberg, Patricia M. // Occupational Hazards;Mar99, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p65
Provides suggestions on resolving conflict in the workplace. Sources of conflicts in the workplace; Strategies of Charles Pettit, president of Rockville, Maryland-based International Training Consortium Inc. on defusing conflict; Advices of attorney and professional negotiator James C. Thomas...
- Has anyone ever ruined your day just by showing up? Adkins, Ben // Fort Worth Business Press;08/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p26
Gives advice to managers on how to resolve conflict in the workplace. Essential and basic life skills; Three basic responses to conflict; Three ways to resolve conflict.
- Learn to resolve or avoid work conflicts. DeVoe, Deborah // InfoWorld;08/23/99, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p84
Discusses the techniques offered by Manning Management Consultants principal Marilyn Manning for resolving the types of workplace conflicts that information technology (IT) professionals face. Advice to a supervisor who sees that a pair of employees are not working well together; Solutions for...
- Conflict resolution. King // Business NH Magazine;Nov99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p11
Offers tips on conflict management. Includes considering conflict as an incentive for working on creative solutions; Offering of conflict resolution and communications training to employees.
- RESOLVE CONFLICT. // Managing People at Work;Dec2010, Issue 345, p8
The article presents the author's insights on how to deal with trouble makers in the work place such as making a contract that specifies the nature of the conflict along with the solutions, and setting up measurements to track what is wrong.
- RESOLVE CONFLICT. // Managing People at Work;May2011, Issue 350, p8
The article offers tips on how managers can resolve conflict within an organization such as acknowledging the communication styles of every employee, conducting a frank discussion among involved parties, and citing conflict perspectives to help employees develop more tolerance for others.
- EMPLOYEE CONFLICT. White, Russell J. // Credit Union Management;Jun2002, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p56
Presents a guide on handling conflicts in the workplace. Importance of defining the issue; Benefit of establishing what is agreed upon; Role of practicing proper listening.