- Don't just leave and tell: How to get the most out of your exit interview. Steen, Margaret // InfoWorld;07/12/99, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Focuses on a guide on how to make the best out of an exit interview after resignation. Criticism to consider to help companies improve their management; Diplomatic approach to use for exit interview.
- Quit stalling. Bevan, Stephen // People Management;11/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p32
Describes how to identify the employees you can least afford to lose, and how to manage the factors that might influence their decision to stay. Schemes of companies in Britain on how to make their employees stay; Disadvantages of deferring resignation through financial means; Risk analysis for...
- Exit Lines. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Sep99, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p101
Gives pieces of advice on exit interviews for resigning employees. Importance of exit interviews; Questions that should be asked to resigning employees; Pros and cons of offering confidentiality; Proper attitude of a manager during the interview.
- Before they leave, hold an exit interview. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/27/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 30, p33A
Discusses the importance of conducting exit interviews to pinpoint why employees are resigning. Implementation of notice period and final pay; Management of the transition period; Importance of building positive relationships among employees.
- Take advantage of powerful human relations tool. // Plant Engineering;Dec2004, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p18
Presents a case illustrating the importance for human resource managers to conduct exit interviews of resigning employees. Pinpointing of trouble spots and identifying trends; Need for the creation of an atmosphere that encourages the employee to disclose the real reason for leaving.
- Offboarding: Completing the cycle efficiently. LAMB, JOHN // Employee Benefit Adviser;Jun2011, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p60
The article presents tips on assisting employees who will resign from companies, which is called the offboarding process. The process will guide an employee's departure from a company by facilitating the completion of exit tasks, such as exit interviews, forms completion and the return of...
- Enlightening departures. Half, Robert // NZ Business;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p14
Presents guidelines for managers on conducting exit interviews. Purpose of exit interviews; Importance of planning for the interview; Psychological factors that need to be considered in conducting exit interviews.
- It's not me, it's you. // BRW;8/7/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p58
The article reports on the finding by Exit-Info in Australia that bad managers are responsible for 20 percent of employee resignations and that most organizations do not know that bad management is one of the reasons. Employees usually give acceptable reasons during their exit interviews in...
- Use exit interviews to gain valuable insight. // Automotive Body Repair News;Jan2008, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on the factors to consider when conducting exit interviews. Getting a human resources consultant to conduct exit interviews helps employees discuss their reasons for leaving the company. One way to talk to departing employees is to have them complete a questionnaire. It is...