PageMart Snags MSN Content
- Fighting CSR Churn. Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;01/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p40
Examines the problem of employee churn in a customer-service center. Turnover rates in customer-service each year; Importance of incentive programs; Activities of PageMart; Advantage of recognition programs to keeping customer service representatives (CSRs) motivated.
- Hailstorm already stirring tempest. Holland, Roberta; Galli, Peter // eWeek;03/26/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the launch of HailStorm, Microsoft Corp.'s building blocks initiative for Web services. Potential platform users' assessment of the company's commitment to openness; Features of HailStorm; Assertions made by Microsoft regarding concerns of lock-ins; Issues of concern raised by...
- Shop smart--shop PageMart. // High Yield Report;01/26/98, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p5
Presents information on a $250 million dollar Rule 144A deal of PageMart Wireless. Issue price of the deal; Terms of the deal; Information on the company.
- PageMart inks pacts to bring messaging to personal organizers. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p29
States that PageMart Wireless Incorporated have made agreements with Motorola Incorporated, 3Com Corporation and Texas Instruments Incorporated to bring messaging capabilities to 3Com's PalmPilot handheld computer and TI's Advantra unit. How PageMart plans to integrat its messaging network with...
- PageMart's NAFTA network grows. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p41
Reports that PageMart Wireless Incorporated has expanded its international network in Guatemala, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic. Names of other countries with secure agreements with PageMart.
- PageMart gives credit for satellite snafu. // RCR;06/15/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p21
Focuses on an announcement by the company PageMart Wireless Incorporated in Dallas, Texas to provide customers with air-time credit for service downtime which occurred during the PanAmSat Galaxy IV failure on May 19, 1998. Length of the air-time credit; How the company was affected financially...
- PageMart forms telemetry unit. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p83
Focuses on the creation of a Telemetry Strategic Business Unit by PageMart Wireless Inc. to extend in-progress ReFLEX 25 narrowband personal communications services network. Alliance of the Telemetry unit with Interactive Technologies Inc.; Comments from N. Ross Buckenham, PageMart president;...
- PageMart intros roaming service. // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p38
Reports that in Dallas, Texas, telecommunications company PageMart Wireless Incorporated, has introduced OmniRoam, a numeric roaming service. Features of the service; Cost of the service.
- PageMart expanding ReFLEX 25 into 15 states this month. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p22
Reports that with commercial service planned for areas of 15 additional states in August, 1998, as well as expansions in the inaugural state of Texas, PageMart Wireless Inc. announced a rollout schedule for its facilities-based ReFLEX 25 guaranteed message service. Identification of the...