Leap Reports On First Year
- Leap acquires PCS licenses in Florida. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p19
Focuses on issues related to the telecommunication company Leap Wireless International Inc. in San Diego, California.
- Leap Follows Bundled Trend. // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p30
Reports on Cricket Talk offering of Leap Wireless International Incorporated. Advantages from the service; Price per month; Only service not included in the bundle.
- Leap subscribers jump 250 percent. // RCR;01/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the increase in the number of Leap Wireless International Inc.'s international and domestic subscribers since August 31, 1999. Subscriber figures including Leap's subsidiary Smartcom PCS; Ownership stake in Pegaso and Chase Telecommunications Holdings Inc.; Comments from chairman and...
- Leap likely acquisition target. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;12/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p4
Reports on the potential of Leap Wireless International Inc. as an acquisition target. Information on the company's physical assets; Reflection of Leap's financial problems; Cost of Nucentrix' multichannel multipoint distribution system radio-frequency licenses.
- Leap launches in third N.C. market. // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p45
Reports on the Cricket Comfortable Wireless service launched by wireless telecommunication company Leap Wireless International Inc. in Hickory, North Carolina.
- Leap looks for strategic fits at auction. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the efforts of Leap Wireless International Inc. to take its role as a small player in the United States wireless telecommunication auctions seriously.
- It's not easy being green. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;7/30/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the business strategy of telecommunication carrier Leap Wireless Inc. Approach of Leap Wireless to wireless data market; Carrier's business strategy for the United States; Growth in the company's subscribers in 2001; Wireless service rolled out by the company in June 2001; Companies...
- Carriers with re-auction markets quiet about buildout plans. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p2
Reports that telecommunication companies in the United States with re-auction remarkets are not disclosing their buildout plans. Compliance with payment obligations as of June 11, 1999; Leap Wireless International Inc.'s need for further approval from the Federal Communications Commission to...
- Leap Wireless Continues Expanding Coverage. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p9
Reports the expansion of coverage of wireless telecommunications carrier, Leap Wireless International, Inc in San Diego, California. Goal of increasing the number of customers; Revenues of the company; Rights to acquire licenses in areas with 72.7 million potential customers.