CPP Issues Fracture Industry
- Meeting the E911 mandate. Marble, George // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p74
Examines the shared solutions that wireless service providers must declare for compliance with the United States Federal Communications Commission's Wireless E911 Phase II mandate. Types of available shared solutions; Factors to consider when evaluating individual and shared solutions; Most...
- Number Conservation. Sill, William J.; Pearlman, Heidi C. // Wireless Review;04/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the extension given by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the deadline of the implementation of the wireless LNP. Impact of the LNP implementation; Criticisms on the FCC extension; Concerns of the FCC.
- Let The Mergers Begin. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) commissioners voted to immediately lift the spectrum cap in urban markets and to completely eliminate it starting January 1, 2003. Expected consequence of the move; Accusation of Michael Copps, lone Democratic commissioner,...
- More Calls For Auction Delay. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the increase in calls for a delay in the spectrum auction by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission scheduled for June 19, 2002. Actions taken by legislators in the U.S. House of Representatives; Remarks from Don Evans, secretary of the U.S. Commerce Department; Members of the...
- Carriers Reject Truth in Billing. Bainbridge, Heather // Wireless Review;06/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pRM8
Deals with the concerns of the wireless carrier industry on the rule passed by the Federal Communications Commission about truth in billing. Details on the legislation; Views of the industry on the legislation; Implications of the rule against wireless industries.
- Bush budget plan would delay auctions. Silva, Jeffrey; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p10
Deals with the delay of the auction for the radio spectrum of third-generation (3G) wireless communication systems by the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission. Reason for the delay; Issues dealing with the auction that are being debated; Actions taken by the U.S. Congress on...
- The FCC to allow wireless-only area codes. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p6
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission would allow states to create technology-specific overlays for wireless telephone numbers. Deadline for carriers to be capable of pooling numbers; What the number pooling allows telephone numbers; Factor for the delay of the need...
- Push Off Or Push Forward? Cox, Dave // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p57
Presents an opinion on the deadline set by the Federal Communications Commission on the implementation of local number portability (LNP) by wireless carriers for November 2002. Statistics on wireless calls; Forecasted LNP queries that will generate transactions; Details on the SCP-LNP approach.
- FCC gets back 13,500 private-wireless call signs. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the number of private-wireless calls sign that were returned to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as part of its audit of the private land mobile radio database. Letters sent by the FCC for the auditing; Importance of the auditing.