- AirGate Faces Class Action Suit. // Wireless Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p6
Reports on a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of shareholders of wireless carrier Airgate PCS against Sprint PCS affiliate, AirGate. Allegations against AirGate; Reaction of AirGate to the allegations.
- Affiliates suffer soft economy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the financial problems faced by the affiliates of Sprint PCS company in the wireless communications sector in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Possible de listing of Alamosa Holdings Inc. from the New York Stock Exchange; Downgrade of the corporate credit rating of AirGate PCS...
- Lucent wins deal with Sprint partners. // RCR Wireless News;1/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the equipment and software agreement signed by Lucent Technologies Inc. to expand Sprint PCS's network coverage and capacity in its Michigan, Indiana and Kentucky markets.
- Sprint affiliate news. // RCR Wireless News;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
Presents news briefs related to the affiliates of U.S. wireless telecommunications firm Sprint PCS as of January 10, 2005. Information on the Chapter 11 pre-packaged plan filed by IWO Holdings Inc.; Approval of a bid of Alamosa Holdings Inc. to acquire AirGate PCS Inc.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p3
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the United States as of July 24, 2000. Launch of a Sprint PCS-branded service by AirGate PCS; Partnership between InfoSpace and AT&T Wireless; Plans of Lucent for its microelectronics business.
- Sprint Hitches A Ride On The Highway. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p25
Announces the switching on of coverage by Sprint PCS affiliate Airgate PCS Inc., along Interstate 85 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Mechanics of the affiliate plan of the two companies; Role of Airgate in the affiliate program; Breakdown of the company's market in South Carolina.
- Independents become affiliated by aggravation. O'Shea, Dan // Wireless Review;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the merger between wireless operators Sprint PCS and Nextel Communications Inc. in the U.S. Reason behind a lawsuit filed by Sprint affiliate Alamosa PCS against the merger; Hesitancy of Alamosa officials to talk about the effect of Sprint and Nextel merger on the company's AirGate...
- Fourth Quarter Smiles On Regional Carriers. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p23
Presents information on the performance of regional telecommunication carriers in the United States as of February 2001. Figures on subscriber additions in the fourth quarter of 2000; Expected decline in the net additions of AirGate PCS; Performance of Sprint PCS affiliates; Loss reported by...
- Struggling with iPCS, AirGate delays financials. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
Reports that AirGate PCS Inc. would delay filing its annual 10-K report to allow time for the company to review its financial relationship with Sprint PCS. Date set for its filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Impact of the delay on its discount notes; Amount of impairment...