Competition Heats Up In Argentina's Wireless Market
- Correction. // Wireless Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Presents a correction to the article "Making a Wireless Alternative Possible" that was previously published in the January 15, 2005 issue of the "Wireless Week."
- The platform approach to data applications. Miller, Jeff; Rifredi, Rich // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on strategies on using the platform approach for wireless data communication systems. Development efforts to boost the compatibility of platform approaches to wireless systems; Platform architecture making integration easier by buffering the user interface from lower-level changes. ...
- Evolving wireless systems: Choosing a migration path. Tade, David // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the evolution of the wireless telephone system. High-speed circuit-switched data (HSCSD) as an option for mobile access to the Internet; Evolution of the network infrastructure of global satellite communication systems (GSM); Switch from GSM to HSCSD; Costs of implementation;...
- Singlepoint Systems Unveils AlarmPoint Paging Product. // Telephone IP News;Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p2
Provides information on Singlepoint Systems Incorporated's AlarmPoint Paging Edition, an entry level system that supports multiple paging protocol support, two-way paging, two-way electronic mail and rotation groups.
- Project Rainbow should bypass retail channels for carrier connection--analyst. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Deals with the Project Rainbow of IBM Corp., Intel Corp. and Microsoft Corp., which aims to create a network of access spots across the U.S. Options for the access spots of Project Rainbow; Indications of an alliance of Project Rainbow with wireless carriers.
- NEWSMAP. // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p10
Reports on key developments concerning wireless communication systems as of November 2002. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on telecommunication systems.
- E-911 Unveiled. Lawton, George // Wireless Review;06/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p48
Offers a look at the E-911 technology in wireless communications. Its advantages; How the infrastructure is developed; Network-based approach used in enabling the technology.
- Rural Redux. Miceli, Andrew // Wireless Review;08/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p50
Discusses the challenges being faced by wireless communication providers in rural communities in the United States. How the technical challenges faced by rural providers differ from those of urban providers; Issue on the measure of wireless data performance; Examples of technologies that can...
- AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY. Healy, David // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p41
Focuses on security issues facing the wireless communication industry in the United States. Significance of cell sites to the wireless industry; Threats facing the wireless industry; Security measures taken by wireless companies on their cell sites.