Aerial, U.S. Cellular ARPU Drops
- U.S. Cellular, Aerial report strong growth. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the increase in the profits of United States Cellular Corp. and Aerial Communications, subsidiaries of telecommunication firm Telephone and Data Systems Inc. Factors behind the increase in the firms' corporate profits; Increase in the firms' market penetration.
- Aerial customer additions lag in first quarter. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p33
Reports on the decline in personal communications services operator Aerial Communications Inc.'s churn rate during the first quarter of 1999. Number of customers added during the period; Post-pay churn rate realized by the company for the quarter; Factors driving increased customer ratings;...
- U.S. Cellular Launches In Chicago. // Wireless Week;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p18
Announces the launching of U.S. Cellular's telecommunication service in Chicago, Illinois. Benefits to employment in the area; Details of its entry in the Chicago market; Highlights of the launching.
- Aerial adds only 15,000 subs in quarter. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p24
Cites the financial problems of the personal communications services operator, Aerial Communications Inc. Slow growth of the firm's spinoff from parent company, Telephone and Data Systems Inc. (TDS); Addition of 15,000 subscribers in the first quarter of 1999; Financial performance of TDS and...
- U.S. Cellular debuts its new tagline in ads. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p30
Introduces the advertisement tagline 'We connect you,' from US Cellular. Relationship of the company with customers; Commitment of the company to customer service; Depiction of different concepts in response to the common problems of customers.
- U.S. Cellular gets rural ETC status in Washington. // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the designation of U.S. Cellular as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier for rural areas in the United States.
- SWAP CEMENTS U.S. CELLULAR REGIONAL STATUS. Weber, Toby // Telephony;3/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p14
Analyzes U.S. Cellular Corp.'s acquisition of telecommunication spectrum in the Midwest through a deal with AT&T Wireless Inc. Significance of the deal to U.S. Cellular; Strategies on attracting subscribers with local and regional areas.
- U.S. Cellular Prepares For 'Home Cooking' McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p10
Focuses on the status of telecommunications company U.S. Cellular in the U.S. market as of May 2002. Investment in twenty megahertz of spectrum; Number of customers in the country; Acquisition of PrimeCo Wireless Communications' market by U.S. Cellular in Chicago, Illinois.
- One size doesn't fit all. Swartz // Wireless Review;12/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p42
Discusses the marketing strategies of telecommunication companies. Preference for personal service by customers; Dividing customers into categories; Strategies of BellSouth and U.S. Cellular.