Itchy Palm Gets Scratched
- Nokia in Holiyoaks placement deal. // Campaign (UK);6/1/2012, Issue 22, p6
The article reports that a product placement deal has been signed by Nokia for its Lumia smartphones to appear in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.
- In a league of their own on world stage. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;Dec2001, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p28
Draws parallels between the 2002 World Cup of Soccer and the global competition among the various wireless communication equipment vendors. Examples of new and evolving market-critical technologies that will be showcased during the event; decline in personal digital assistant maker Palm Inc.'s...
- Motorola licenses Palm OS. Bruno, Antony // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p2
Focuses on Motorola Inc.'s plan to license the Palm operating system from Palm Computing Inc. for use in future wireless products. Minority equity stake invested by Motorola, Nokia Corp. and America Online in Palm; 3Com Corp.'s plan to spin off through an initial public offering in 2000.
- Nokia, Palm team to create new wireless phone class. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p29
Announces a joint development agreement between Nokia Corp. and Palm Computing Inc. under which they will cross-license their respective technologies to create a category of wireless phones featuring Palm's pen-based user input method and personal information management functions. Agreement...
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p8
Cites update on the telecommunications industry as of February 11, 2002. Number of phones that Nokia Corp. plans to launch in the first half of 2002; Functionality features of the OS 5 that Palm Inc. will release in 2002; Job reduction plans of mm02.
- Palm promises consumer smart phoneâ€¦maybe for next year? Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p14
The article reports on an announcement by Palm Inc. that it would launch a Treo 680 smart cellular telephone model for consumers in the U.S. in 2007. The move indicates the small but growing portion of the mobile handset market which once served primarily enterprise segment. Palm may suffer from...
- Nokia to license Palm OS. Gilroy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/25/99, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p35
Reports on Palm Computing and Nokia's plan to develop a class of products that combine a cellular phone with a handheld organizer using both the Palm OS and Epoc platforms. Sale of the products under the Nokia brand in the United States; Terms of the joint venture agreement.
- Untitled. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;9/29/2009, p52
The article reports that Nokia Corp. is planning to bid for mobile handset manufacturer Palm Inc. that would give Nokia a PC operating system to rival Apple Inc.'s iPhone. The Palm operating system, WebOS has been well received by consumers with over 900,000 devices shipping since its release a...
- Brightpoint and Nokia extend distribution deal. // RCR;03/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the extension of a distribution agreement between Brightpoint Incorporated and Nokia Corporation. Details on the agreement; When the date was extended to.