FCC Tweaks 800 MHz Auction
- Spectrum Statement Offers Clues. Carlson, Carol // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p3
Reports on a policy statement released by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding spectrum frequencies. Overview of the spectrum management move of the FCC; Principles which guide frequency management.
- NEXTEL'S GRAB FOR SPECTRUM. Brown, Laurence W. // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p85
Reports on the proposal of Nextel to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to relieve interference on the radio spectrum experienced by public safety agencies. Amount of funding offered by Nextel for the plan; Ways to avoid interference; Comments from Carolina Power & Light and TXU...
- D.C. debates when to lift spectrum cap. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p14
Reports on the policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the spectrum limit for wireless communication carriers. Urban spectrum limit suggested by the FCC; Transition period for the lifting of the spectrum limit; Implications of inefficient spectrum allocations.
- Occupation complicates RF exposure. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p18
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is expected to issue a notice in Spring 2002 that would enhance policy regarding public exposure to radio-frequency emissions. Remarks from Richard Strickland, director of business development for Narda Safety Test Solutions; Solution to...
- FCC dismisses petition against Nextel licenses. // RCR;01/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the dismissal of a long-standing petition for special relief filed against Nextel Communications Incorporated by Brown & Schwaninger, by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Information on the petition; Why the petition was dismissed by the FCC.
- Nextel Cuts Deals To Relocate Incumbents. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p14
Deals with the significance of the 800 megahertz auction in August 2000 in the United States for Nextel Communications Incorporated. List of agreements made by Nextel with other companies relating to the telecommunication licenses up for auction; Federal Communications Commission rules in...
- 800 MHz band compromise sought; Nextel's involvement unclear. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to give the cellular telephone service industry an extension to file reply comments about interference in the 800 MHz. Information on the interference problem; Sector that uses the 800 MHz; Industry associations that are...
- FCC adopts strict hybrid radiofrequency exposure guidelines. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;8/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's adoption of a hybrid radiofrequency exposure guidelines that may violate a law regarding technical standards used by government agencies. Features of the guidelines; Arguments by the wireless industry against a hybrid approach to...
- Industry demands FCC use RF guides. // RCR;9/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Reports that the US Federal Communications Commission was hit with major challenges to its new hybrid radio frequency exposure guideline.