NextWave Twist: Offer Broadband
- NextWave looks to Supreme Court for relief. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p4
Focuses on NextWave Telecom Inc.'s appeal to the United States Supreme Court to overturn two decisions from a federal appeals court regarding the firm's application for bankruptcy protection.
- NextWave finds space for growth in Hawthorne. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p1
Reports on NextWave Telecom Inc.'s plan to relocate to Hawthorne in Westchester County, New York. Size of the office space in Hawthorne; Company's plan to add more than 500 jobs in 1997; Plans for an initial public offering in 1996.
- NextWave Keeps Riding Crest of Turbulent Litigation. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p4
Reports the bankruptcy filing and lawsuit filed against NextWave Telecom Inc., in relation to the acquisition of spectrum licenses.
- Next wave lobbies for deferred interest. Wayne, Debra; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p1
Reports that NextWave Telecom Incorporated have made plans that would defer interest payments for C-block personal communications services companies, which have circulated to Capitol Hill. What the plan would circumvent; Comments from NextWave spokeswoman Jennifer Walsh; What was NextWave...
- NextWave chooses bankruptcy. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/15/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p1
States that NextWave Telecom Incorporated in the United States, is seeking bankruptcy protection. Identity of other companies seeking bankruptcy protection; Information on NextWave; Details on the bankruptcy case;
- Shakeout continues. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;06/15/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p12
Opinion. Discusses the circumstances surrounding the communications company NextWave Telecom Incorporated's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Details on the restructuring options of the United States Federal Communications Commission; How companies can benefit from the options;...
- VERIZON TAKES OFFENSIVE IN ONGOING NEXTWAVE SAGE. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;2/11/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p19
Reports that Verizon Wireless has asked a federal appeals court in the U.S. to enforce a ruling in 2001 that returned worth of spectrum to NextWave Telecom. Total deposit of Verizon in NextWave; Description of Dennis Strigl, chief executive of Verizon, to the U.S. Federal Communications...
- NextWave files Chapter 11 in wake of mounting debt. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/22/98, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p1
Reports on NextWave Telecom Inc.'s filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Total amount of debts reported; Legal representative hired for the bankruptcy filing; Largest creditors other than the US Federal Communications Commission; Placement of a bid in 1996 for the C-block licenses to...
- NextWave fires litigation salvo to keep licenses. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p33
Highlights NextWave Telcom Inc.'s claim that the United States Federal Communications Commission is attempting to re-auction its licenses before a federal appeals court can rule whether it has the authority to do so.