Your 3-Step Plan to Stopping Childhood Bullying
- KIDS HURTING KIDS: BULLIES IN THE SCHOOLYARD. Smith-Heavenrich, Sue // Mothering;May/Jun2001, Issue 106, p70
Focuses on the issues relating to bullying in schools, how to protect children and how parents and teachers can help. INSETS: DON'T JUST STAND THERE!;Norway Solution.
- Today's Bullies, Tomorrow's Criminals. // Futurist;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
Reveals that young bullies are more likely than other children to become criminals and suffer from family and professional problems in adult life, according to experts at a bullying practicum sponsored by the National School Safety Center. Aggressive behavior patterns of bullying.
- bullying fallout. // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Feb2005, p9
Focuses on a research on the effects of bullying. Risk associated with verbal or physical bullying; Impact of bullying on children's development.
- When your kid is the bully. Woodhouse, Jennifer // Redbook;May2004, Vol. 202 Issue 5, p175
Outlines tips to manage a kid's bullying behavior. Importance of being understanding according to child expert Peter Sheras; Questions that may be asked to children.
- Point: Bullies Should be Rehabilitated, not Punished. Hanson, Ruth // Canadian Points of View: Bullying;2009, p2
The article presents an argument supporting treatment for bullies. The author argues that bullying behaviour needs to be addressed and supports rehabilitation rather than retribution. Behavioural characteristics of bullies are presented and the cognitive aspects of bullying are discussed....
- A Construct Validity Study of Bullying. Beran, Tanya N. // Alberta Journal of Educational Research;Winter2006, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p241
The construct validity of the Bully/Victim Questionnaire (Olweus, 1996a) as a measure of bullying was examined. Although researchers have defined bullying and reactive aggression as two distinct types of aggression, this study examined how closely related they are using empirical data. Reports...
- BULLYING IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM. // USA Today Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 130 Issue 2680, p9
Reports on the impact of bullying on schoolchildren. Percentage of children that is involved in a bullying/victim relationship; Comments from Sally Murphy, a counselor education professor at George Mason University.
- Beating back the bully. Ehlert, Bob // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr2000, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p128
Focuses on bullying among children. Case of a twelve year old boy who was being bullied; Number of bullies and victims in schools in the United States; Reasons why children become bullies; Empowerment of victims and witnesses. INSET: How to deal with bullies..
- Bad Behavior. Bertucco, Marc // Psychology Today;May/Jun2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the results of studies which aimed to analyze the relationship between self-esteem and aggressive behavior in children. Factors which contribute to the aggressive and violent behavior of children; Concept of moralistic violence.