Institutional Review Board Approval: Why It Matters
- When is an inducement 'undue?' Is a payment ever coercive? // Medical Ethics Advisor;Oct2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p112
This article explains that expert ethicists in the field of clinical research in the U.S. believe that intitutional review boards (IRBs) are paying closer attention to the practice of paying research participants. The same expects pointed out that payments to research participants are...
- When a Research Subject Calls with a Complaint, What Will the Institutional Review Board Do? Motil, Kathleen J.; Allen, Janet; Taylor, Addison // IRB: Ethics & Human Research;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the challenges faced by institutional review boards (IRB). Review and approval of research activities; Investigation of the merits of a research subject's complaint; Role of the IRB chair.
- Regulators increase scrutiny of clinical research. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Oct2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p111
This article reports on the move of regulators in the U.S. to heighten scrutiny of clinical research. It explains that several organizations responsible for institutional review boards (IRBs) have noticed the increased scrutity of clinical research in the country. Information on the pertinent...
- IRB. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1230
A definition of the acronym "IRB" which refers to institutional review board is presented.
- CE/CME questions. // IRB Advisor;Aug2007, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p96
A quiz on matters related to institutional review boards is presented.
- CNE/CME questions. // IRB Advisor;Jun2009, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p72
A quiz about institutional review boards (IRB) related to articles published within the issue is presented.
- CE/CME questions. // IRB Advisor;Mar2008, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p36
A quiz about institutional review boards is presented.
- CNE/CME Questions. // IRB Advisor;Feb2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p24
A quiz about institutional reviews boards (IRBs) is presented.
- Negotiating Responsibility for Navigating Ethical Issues in Qualitative Research: A Review of Miller, Birch, Mauthner, and Jessop's (2012) Ethics in Qualitative Research, Second Edition. McCarron, Michelle C. E. // Qualitative Report;12/23/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1
Ethics in Qualitative Research (Miller, Birch Mauthner, & Jessop, 2012), now in its second edition, uses a feminist framework to present a variety of issues pertinent to qualitative researchers. Topics include traditional challenges for qualitative researchers (e.g., access to potential...