Labor-Related Sacral and Pubic Fractures
- Lean on me. Dahlen, Hannah // Australian Parents;Jun/Jul2008, p103
The article offers ideas for pregnant women on ways to ease labor pain during childbirth. Walking during labor is said to be a great way to make contractions effective and labor shorter. Leaning forward and standing were found to be the most comfortable positions when giving birth. Pregnant...
- MEMBRANE STRIPPING TO PROMOTE LABOR. King, Valerie J. // Journal of Family Practice;Aug1996, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p119
The article discusses research being done on the effectiveness of membrane stripping at term to promote the onset of labor. It references a study by B. Wiriyasirivaj and colleagues, published in a 1996 issue of "Obstetrics and Gynecology." The non-blinded randomized controlled trial enrolled 256...
- Review: delayed pushing reduces rotational or mid pelvic instrumental deliveries but increases duration of the second stage of labour in women having epidural analgesia. Roberts, C. L.; Torvaidsen, S.; Cameron, C. // Evidence Based Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p122
The article presents a study on the effect of delayed pushing on pregnant women having epidural analgesia. 9 trials met the selection criteria. All trials included women at term with spontaneous or induced labor, effective epidural analgesia, and singleton births. Researchers found that in women...
- Review: delayed pushing reduces rotational or mid pelvic instrumental deliveries but increases duration of the second stage of labour in women having epidural analgesia: Commentary. Young, Gavin // Evidence Based Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p122
Presents a study on the effect of epidural on the natural mechanism of labor. Increase in the rate of instrumental delivery on using epidural; Discussion on delayed pushing; Advantages of epidural in pregnancy.
- Exercise during pregnancy. Radomski, Manny // Wellness Options;2006, Issue 24, p38
Discusses the results of studies on exercise during pregnancy and postpartum period. Benefits of exercise during pregnancy; Activities to avoid by pregnant women; Effect of maternal exercise on fetal growth; Implication of exercise for labour and its mechanism.
- Kick-starting labor. // Parenting;Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p73
Presents information on a procedure performed by doctors on a pregnant woman to bring on labor.
- labour pains. // Australian Women's Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 31, p43
Relates an experience in giving birth to a first baby. Delay in the expected due date of giving birth; Attempt in using techniques that some overdue women try; Medical approach taken to lessen the pain felt during the labor process.
- Perfect timing. Dahlen, Hannah // Australian Parents;Aug/Sep2005, p28
Offers ideas for expectant mothers on recognizing when it is time to go to the hospital. Physiological changes that occur during the last weeks of pregnancy; Duration of true labor contractions; Myths about pregnancy and labor. INSET: When not to wait.
- Stopping Early Labor. Vander Schaaf, Rachelle // Prevention;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p141
The article looks at how to prevent premature labor. Here is news from the recent annual meeting of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. By analyzing certain compounds in amniotic fluid, researchers predicted with 88% accuracy whether delivery would be premature in 55 women who had had early...