Distribution of Posterior Tibial Displacement in Knees with Posterior Cruciate Ligament Tears
- Tibial Rotation Affects Anterior Displacement of the Knee. Martin, David E.; Guskiewicz, Kevin M. // Journal of Sport Rehabilitation;Nov1994, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p275
Examines anterior translation of the tibia using the Tibial Fixator Device with the leg in three positions. Anterior cruciate ligament lesions; Instability of the knee joint; Manual and instrumental tests; Knee motion analysis devices.
- Use of the Ottawa knee rule for evaluation of knee injuries. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;4/15/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1974
Presents the summary `Implemenation of the Ottawa knee rule for the use of radiography in acute knee injuries,' by I.G. Stiell, et al which can be found in the JAMA journal dated December 1997.
- Ottawa Rule prevents unneeded x-rays without detriment to diagnosis. // Modern Medicine;Mar98, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p24
Discusses the abstract of the article `Implementation of the Ottawa Knee Rule for the Use of Radiography in Acute Knee Injuries,' by I.G. Stiell, G.A. Wells et al, which appeared in the December 17, 1997 issue of `Journal of the American Medical Association.' INSET: Ottawa Knee Rule for Knee...
- Proximal Tibiofibular Synostosis in a Professional Soccer Player. Felli, Lamberto; Coviello, Matteo; Seghezzo, Vittorio; Fiore, Michele; Biglieni, Luca // Case Connector;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p1
The article presents a case study of a 20-year-old professional soccer player showed with mild distortion of the right knee following a football match. Radiographs of the patient showed that there is proximal tibiofibular syntosis with periarticular bone proliferation. The patient undergone...
- A case of pycnodysostosis presented with pathological femoral shaft fracture. Singh, Shailendra; Sambandam, Balaji // Indian Journal of Medical Research;Jan2014, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p180
The article describes the case of a male patient with psycnodysostosis which was treated with upper tibial skeletal traction and Thomas knee splint.
- Decision rule for knee x-ray. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Apr96, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on a decision rule which seeks to curb the unnecessary use of x-rays in emergency rooms by giving circumstances where knee x-rays should be required. Information on study subjects in research to access the effectiveness of the rule; Who the decision rule by I.G. Stiell, G.H. Greenberg...
- Musculoskeletal case 19. Presentation. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p410
Presents X-ray photographs of an aching knee. Case of 33-year-old man; Evaluation of the cause of the pain; Performance of magnetic resonance imaging; Diagnostic techniques and results.
- Reliability of tunnel angle in ACL reconstruction: two-dimensional versus three-dimensional guide technique. Leiter, Jeff; Korompay, Nevin; MacDonald, Lindsey; McRae, Sheila; Froese, Warren; MacDonald, Peter // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1258
Purpose: To compare the reliability of tibial tunnel position and angle produced with a standard ACL guide (two-dimensional guide) or Howell 65Â° Guide (three-dimensional guide) in the coronal and sagittal planes. In the sagittal plane, the dependent variables were the angle of the tibial...
- Knee Stability Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture and Surgery. Almekinders, Louis C.; Padarinath, Rajeev; Rahusen, Frank T. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2004, Vol. 86-A Issue 5, p983
Knee stability after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction is generally determined by measuring total anteroposterior tibial motion. In spite of a decrease in excessive anteroposterior tibial motion after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, problems can still develop. In the present...