The Use of the Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis for the Treatment of Failed Hemiarthroplasty for Proximal Humeral Fracture
- The Reverse Total Shoulder Prosthesis. Rockwood Jr., Charles A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2007, Vol. 89-A Issue 2, p233
The article discusses a report presented in this issue of the periodical entitled "The Use of the Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis for the Treatment of Failed Hemiarthroplasty for Proximal Humeral Fracture." The author cites several insights and informations relating to the said article, including...
- Favorable results reported with implant for proximal humerus fractures. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2014, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on a research presented at the International Society for Fracture Repair Conference in New York on May 14-17, 2014 which demonstrated the use of a radiolucent carbon fiber plate for proximal humerus fractures.
- Treatment of fracture sequelae of the proximal humerus: anatomical vs reverse shoulder prosthesis. Mansat, Pierre; Bonnevialle, Nicolas // International Orthopaedics;Feb2015, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p349
The treatment of complex humeral fractures or fracture-dislocations presents several challenges. Late complications such as malunion, avascular necrosis, or nonunion are frequent and often lead to articular incongruence. Patients can be severely handicapped, presenting with considerable pain,...
- Prosthetic replacement of elbow for intercondylar fractures (recent or ununited) of humerus in the elderly. Baksi, Durga; Pal, Ananda; Baksi, Debadyuti // International Orthopaedics;Aug2011, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p1171
Forty-one patients with an intercondylar fracture of the humerus (21 recent and 20 ununited) were treated by total elbow arthroplasty using Baksi's recent version of the sloppy hinge from January 2003 to April 2009. Twelve were AO classification type C2 and nine were type C3 recent closed...
- Simultaneous posterior fracture dislocation of the shoulder following epileptic convulsion. Jansen, Hendrik; Frey, Sönke P.; Doht, Stefanie; Meffert, Rainer H. // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Nov2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 11, p1
Shoulder dislocations with fractures are a possible complication of an epileptic seizure and are often missed on the first sight. The incidence of sustaining an avascular humeral head necrosis (AVN) is high, and primary prosthetic replacement is the choice of treatment. In this paper, we...
- Outcome of lateral humeral condylar mass fractures in children associated with elbow dislocation or olecranon fracture. Sharma, H.; Sibinski, M.; Sherlock, D. // International Orthopaedics;Apr2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p509
Of 2,502 elbow/humeral injuries treated at our department between 1990 and 2005, we identified a cohort of 20 lateral condylar mass (LCM) fractures of the humerus in children associated with elbow dislocation ( n = 12; mean age 8.2 years) or with olecranon fracture ( n = 8; mean age 4.1 years)....
- Anatomical reconstruction for Reverse Hill-Sachs lesions after posterior locked shoulder dislocation fracture: a case series of six patients. Bock, Peter; Kluger, Rainer; Hintermann, Beat // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Oct2007, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p543
Posterior locked shoulder dislocation fracture is a rare injury. Impression fractures of the humeral articular surface are common with this injury. Different methods exist to restore impression fractures. We present a case series and the results of six patients that had an anatomical repair with...
- Reply to comment on Irena Krusche-Mandl et al. crossed pinning in paediatric supracondylar humerus fractures: a retrospective cohort analysis. Krusche-Mandl, Irena; Aldrian, Silke; Köttstorfer, Julia; Seis, Astrid; Thalhammer, Gerhild; Egkher, Alexander // International Orthopaedics;Mar2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p559
A response from the authors of the article "Crossed Pinning in Paediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: A Retrospective Cohort Analysis" in the 2012 issue is presented.
- Comment on Krusche-Mandl et al.: Crossed pinning in paediatric supracondylar humerus fractures: A retrospective cohort analysis. Sament, Radheshyam; Bachhal, Vikas; Jeph, Sunil // International Orthopaedics;Mar2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p557
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Crossed Pinning in Paediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: A Retrospective Cohort Analysis" by I. -MKruscheandl et al in the 2012 issue.