Spinal Deformity Secondary to Impaired Neurologic Control
- Cerebral Palsy Linked to Prenatal Causes. Miller, Betsy // Pediatrics for Parents;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
Examines the most common cause of cerebral palsy in a study in the U.S. Definition of cerebral palsy; Typical signs and symptoms; Types of cerebral palsy; Etiology.
- Prognosis of Children with "Cerebral Palsy" Thelander, H. E. // Clinical Pediatrics;May1968, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p294
This article examines the medical prognosis of children with cerebral palsy at a nursery school sponsored by the United Cerebral Palsy Association at the Child Development Center of Children's Hospital in San Francisco, California. Cerebral palsy according to the World Committee for Cerebral...
- SURGICAL PATHOLOGY AND TREATMENT OF COMPLICATED CEREBRAL PALSY. Rosner, Samuel // Angiology;Feb1966, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p77
Discusses the pathology and treatment of complicated cerebral palsy. Symptoms of cerebral birth palsy; Number of patients who were examined at surgery; Bases for the operation of cerebral palsy.
- What A Wish! Walji, Qyzra; Ryan, Sandy Fertman // Girls' Life;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p60
The article presents information on Qyzra Walji, a 13 years old girl who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy (CP). CP is a condition caused by damage to part of her brain when she was 8 months old. The damage interferes with her brain's ability to control her posture and how she moves. She is...
- PERIODICAL ARTICLES AND PAMPHLETS: ORTHOPEDIC AND NEUROLOGICAL IMPAIRMENTS. // Exceptional Children;May1957, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p405
The article presents several articles and pamphlets which discuss orthopedic and neurological impairments, including "A Case of Spatial Inability in a Cerebral Palsied Child," by Edith M. Caldwell, "Helplessâ€”Not Hopeless," by Judith Celler, "A Method of Assessing Capacity in Preschool...
- Language Disturbances In Cerebral Palsy. Phelps, Winthrop M. // Education;Mar1959, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p434
The article looks into the occurrence of language disturbances in cerebral palsy. The definition that cerebral palsy causes difficulties with control of the muscles of intra-cranial nervous system origin, indicates that speech may be involved in all the types of cerebral palsy. It is noted that...
- CP. // Ability;Aug/Sep2009, p54
The article discusses cerebral palsy (CP) and it treatments. It states that the brain's control of the muscles is affected by the condition, which has varying symptoms and severity that is usually recognizable before the age of three. It notes that there is no treatment for the damage of the...
- My Brother Charlie. Grover, Carli // Exceptional Parent;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p74
Recounts the experiences of a child living with a brother who is suffering from cerebral palsy. Background on the developmental disability; Care required by a cerebral palsy patient; Importance of the attention given by family members to the development of a cerebral palsy patient.
- INCIDENÅ¢A TULBURÄ‚RILOR DE SOMN LA COPIII CU PARALIZIE CEREBRALÄ‚. // Romanian Journal of Pediatrics;2010, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p216
No abstract available.