On the relationship of high coercivity and L1... ordered phase in CoPt nd FePt thin films
- CoFe-Cu granular alloys: From noninteracting particles to magnetic percolation. Franco, Victor; Batlle, Xavier // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/1999, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p7328
Presents information on a study which discussed the physical and magnetic microstructure and the magnetic and transport properties of cobalt-iron-copper granular thin films. Experimental details; Results and discussion; Conclusions.
- Microstructure and magnetic properties of FeCo epitaxial thin films grown on MgO single-crystal substrates. Shikada, Kouhei; Ohtake, Mitsuru; Kirino, Fumiyoshi; Futamoto, Masaaki // Journal of Applied Physics;Apr2009, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p07C303
FeCo epitaxial films were prepared on MgO(100), MgO(110), and MgO(111) substrates by ultrahigh vacuum molecular beam epitaxy. FeCo thin films with (100), (211), and (110) planes parallel to the substrate surface grow on respective MgO substrates. FeCo/MgO interface structures are studied by...
- Study of the dynamic magnetic properties of soft CoFeB films. Bilzer, C.; Devolder, T.; Kim, Joo-Von; Counil, G.; Chappert, C.; Cardoso, S.; Freitas, P. P. // Journal of Applied Physics;9/1/2006, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p053903
We study the magnetization damping in ion-beam deposited Co72Fe18B10 thin films as a function of film thickness and crystalline state. As-deposited amorphous layers showed low damping (Î±app=0.006) that is thickness independent. 40 nm Co80Fe20 with no boron content exhibited a value twice...
- Topology and elemental distribution in Co alloy:oxide perpendicular media. Laughlin, David. E.; Nuhfer, Noel. T.; Park, Soyoung; Yuan, Hua; Zhu, Jian-Gang // Journal of Applied Physics;Apr2009, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p07B739
This analytical electron microscopy study was performed to understand better the microstructure of CoCrPt:SiO2 media. The topology of the magnetic Co alloy grains and the distribution of the elements in the thin films were of special interest. High angle annular dark field images revealed that...
- New high coercivity cobalt alloy thin film medium structure for longitudinal recording. Leo Li Zen Fang; Lambeth, David N. // Applied Physics Letters;12/12/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 24, p3137
Presents a method for fabricating a high coercivity cobalt alloy thin film medium structure for longitudinal recording. Use of a combination of textured chromium and a hexagonal close-packed cobalt of CoCrTa intermediate layer; Effect of platinum addition on film coercivity; Control of material...
- Effects of substituted elements into the Cr layer on a CoNiCr/Cr sputtered hard disk. Tani, N.; Hashimoto, M.; Murata, Y.; Ishikawa, M.; Ota, Y.; Nakamura, K. // Journal of Applied Physics;6/15/1990, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p7507
Studies the effects of substituted elements into the cobalt alloys thin films. Applications of cobalt alloys; Overview on the experiment; Discussion on the result of the study.
- Coercivity analysis in sputtered Sm-Co thin films. Prados, C.; Hernando, A. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1999 Part 2B of 2, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p6148
Analyzes the coercivity of hard nanocrystalline samarium-cobalt thin films. Experimental details; Results and discussion.
- Effect of thin-film disk texture on magnetic recording signals. Klaassen, K. B.; Eaton, R. E.; van Peppen, J. C. L. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/1993, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p5554
Presents a study that investigated the effect of texturing on the readback signal of cobalt-alloy thin-film disks. Details of the experiments; Results and discussion; Conclusions.
- New Magnetic Field-Sensitive Alloy. // Signal;Jan2012, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that a cobalt-iron alloy that could lead to a new generation of magnetic microdevices has been developed by researchers working in the U.S. and Eastern Europe.